I stayed there for 2 nights, from 30 May - 1 June 2014. The room and bathroom were big and very clean. Checking in was also very fast.
But the hotel experienced a power failure on the 2nd night (31 May 2014). They had no back up gen set. When we called Front Desk, they gave us 3 candles. These 3 candles were to last us through the night. When we checked out the next day at 12pm noon, the power was not back on yet. TNB drove their gen set over but apparently it was going to take a while before they could set it up. All in all, we spent the night in the dark and had to wash in cold freezing water (really freezing!). And the water pump did not work because of no electricity so water trickled out from the taps. All 4 of us (including my 2 small kids) caught a cold and cough. The kids had to see the doc the next day.
My friend was supposed to check in on 2 June 2014 but I told her to call the hotel first. She called and was informed the electricity was not back on yet! She then cancelled her reservation and booked at another nearby hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STRAWBERRY PARK RESORT is located 6,000 feet above sea level in Cameron Highlands where the air is clear, cool and invigorating. The resort offers an extensive range of facilities, which includes 146 rooms, and suites, 6 Food & Beverage outlets and a variety of recreational facilities including an indoor swimming pool and a spa called Wild Orchidaceae Spa. It is a resort where holidays are forever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Strawberry Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strawberry Park Hotel Cameron Highlands
- Strawberry Park Cameron Highlands
- Strawberry Park Resort Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata