People go on holiday to get away from it all. But when a holiday destination gets too crowded, sometimes you need to get away from that as well. You need to remind yourself that you're on holiday, and it should be relaxing and stress-free. Strawberry Park Resort fits the bill perfectly. Needing just a bit more effort to find (a 5-minute drive uphill from Brinchang town), it is a hilltop resort away from other resorts. As such, it may be further away from said attractions compared to resorts located at the main roads, but in return you get a peaceful, tranquil locale, just right to recharge your batteries and rejuvenate your soul. Needless to say, a car is essential to travel with if you plan to stay here.
I stayed in the renovated Studio Suite and was surprised by the amount of space it had. You could easily place four king-sized beds in the bedroom. Great value for what I paid. They only have 2 single beds joined together for the Studio Suites but they are very comfortable. The room had no air-conditioning or fans, but they weren't needed as the room was cool and well-ventilated. An LCD TV gave access to 10 channels, local and foreign. A wardrobe (with safe), water boiler (with free Cameronian tea!)and mini-fridge completed the bedroom. The bathroom was large as well but without a tub, with the essential toiletries and hairdryer but no toothbrush/paste. The balcony invited you to a splendid view of the unspoiled hills. The only con is that there are no lifts meaning you have to climb the stairs wherever you go within the resort.
There are other facilities in the resort for you to explore as well, including a spa, gift shop, squash court, discotheque, and swimming pool. Many choices for dining too, including Thai and fine-dining. The night's sleep was restful, as there were no traffic noise to worry about. The next morning an amazing breakfast buffet spread awaits you with a good selection of local and western choices, plus an irresistable pastry section. Overall I would say the stay was excellent, staff were friendly, and service was prompt. I would come again. A truly relaxing stay, just be wary of the extra driving to get to the other places in the highlands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STRAWBERRY PARK RESORT is located 6,000 feet above sea level in Cameron Highlands where the air is clear, cool and invigorating. The resort offers an extensive range of facilities, which includes 146 rooms, and suites, 6 Food & Beverage outlets and a variety of recreational facilities including an indoor swimming pool and a spa called Wild Orchidaceae Spa. It is a resort where holidays are forever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strawberry Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strawberry Park Hotel Cameron Highlands
- Strawberry Park Cameron Highlands
- Strawberry Park Resort Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata