“Great service and Indian food”
Review of Hill Station Cafe

Hill Station Cafe
Ranked #29 of 56 Restaurants in Tanah Rata
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Located in the middle of small city of chilly Cameron Highlands called Tanah Rata. We offers a good, tasty and well-portioned food and beverages at affordable price for both locals and tourists. Not only that, we also provide chill, relax and cosy ambiance for our customers' comfort.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've been staying in Brinchang (the next town over) for a few weeks now and I walk to the Hill Station Cafe in Tanah Rata pretty much every day for lunch. I've tried a few of the Western items on the menu and they are just okay, but the Indian dishes are fantastic and great value.

Every day for lunch they have 5 specials that include a few items plus a drink for between US$4 and US$7 each. They've all been really good, which is why I keep going back. The food is prepared after you order it, unlike most other Indian places in the Cameron Highlands that have big trays of a few things prepared in the morning. This place is also spotless and very friendly to Westerners, compared to most other nearby Chinese or Malay places with plastic chairs and confusing (or no) menus.

1  Thank JerryChampagne

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had the Singapore-style fried bee hoon noodles with seafod. I thought this was a fairly bland, though enitrely edible version of this dish. I requested no squid, bnut some snuck in anyway. The "crab" was actually surimi. My wife had the salad with tempura chicken and though it was fresh and tasty.

1  Thank BallardBeaver
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The place is clean!! Compared to the other restaurants in town, it serves decent food. It is not worth the 5 points because of its food but because I really want to recommend this place to other tourist. Do not stop at earlier!!!

1  Thank MRCHIT
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The place sells a variety of food similar to some kopitiam(coffee shop) in Malaysia. The price of food was reasonable and the service was fast. The cafe is clean and the food tasted rather good. I recommend this place if you are looking for a place that is clean but serve good food.

1  Thank Norli85
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner here our first night and thought it wa great ! we had chicken curry which wasdelicious ( I'm not a huge spice fan and thought the amount was justright) two types of naan bread Which was amazingly good and another chicken dish . Very impressed with the restaurant , very clean and nice staff and the washroom area was very clean as well !

1  Thank Merpcicles