“Steep any way you do it but fun”

Cameron Highlands Trail No. 3
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Local maps imply the peak can be done with no climbing, but all paths are steep. Finding the entrance is ok - there are some signs. It takes 90 mins to do (there) and 70 back. Lovely quiet walk with nice views and nature!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I took a taxi from Tanah Rata to the Arcadia Bungalow, where Trail No. 3 starts. I unfortunately didn't have time to climb up Gunung Beremban, but instead took trail 5 down to MARDI and then back to the hotel Century Pines Resort. The whole trip took me about 2 hours, walking at normal speed. I saw one small snake and hear some animals in the bushes but didn't see them. I really loved this walk!

3  Thank Simon293916
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Tracks are well marked but not always easy to go, often steep and muddy (well you are in the jungle, right).

2  Thank GSPhoney
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I went trecking with 3 friends in the beggining of January. We were definetly not expecting such a hard track, but we went down through 3B and everything was ok, expect for the parts in which the forest was not allowing us to properly see the rest of the path. The biggest problem was when we were trying to go back up there was a tree blocking the passage of trech 3B, making us go to the city and look for a ride back up. Not fun.

1  Thank csd2014
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We walked most of this trail today but had not reached Guning Beremban after two hours. Absolutely not recommended for a normal 8 year old never mind six year old (see earlier review). The trail is very steep in parts and even as regular hikers we found the trail arduous. By European standards it is still warm and you do need to carry water. I must be getting old.

2  Thank indefatigable