“Great food great price great staff”
Review of Kumar's

Kumar's
Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Tanah Rata
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Great food great price great staff”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We were in Cameron highlands for 2 nights and had dinner there 2 times great food and very friendly staff. Try the masala tea it's great

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Big time recommended. Do not miss. We ate every meal here!”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

After a few weeks in Singapore/southern Malaysia, I was looking forward to something different. Kumar's was a very welcome blessing. My husband and I ate every meal here, for 4 days straight. (actually we ate one breakfast at bella cafe and it was a HUGE mistake)
The food is excellent, very reasonably priced and served fast. The staff are SUPER friendly, always greeting us, etc. The last night in town I wasn't too hungry and ordered a steamed white rice from a Chinese place next door. As I sat waiting for my husband's naan bread to come out, the guys asked what was in the box, joked with me a little about having only plain white rice, offered me a fork to eat it while it was still hot, offered me some curry sauce, vegetables, etc. I politely declined. Then they brought over a few snacks (samosas and an Indian savory doughnut?), on the house!!
One of the guys did get our order wrong once but to me the difference between a banana lassi and a pineapple lassi wasn't an issue, same price, both delicious.
It felt nice to consistently give business to a small local place rather than the Starbucks or the Malaysian fast food joint at the end of the road.

Subang Jaya, Malaysia
“Lovely Malaysian Food Part #2”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is another amazing value for money Indian restaurant with variety of local cuisine. It is the other restaurant that I frequent when I was in Cameron with family. Kumar's and Sri Brinchang is side by side. Real value for money. Serves better tea than cafe at Boh tea Plantation.

• Visited May 2011
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“The Best Indian food in Town”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were commin' back for More:) great food, great saff, great vibe!
They do everything to make guests feel welcome.

• Visited August 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Kumar's has great food.”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Great food, great prices, what else can you want? We ate there every day while in Tanah Rata. We tried other places but they just didn't compare.

• Visited August 2011