“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Tanah Rata
Melbourne
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights in a deluxe room. Unless you book a junior suite the quietest rooms are the ones with a country view. The hotel is about 1.5 km out of Tana Rata (the nicest town in the highlands) on the main road.
We booked via Agoda for about AU$68 a night which included a decent buffet breakfast. I thought it was quite a good hotel at a very reasonable price. Staff were pleasant and helpful etc.
We ate in Tanah Rata at a couple of the Indian restaurants (Bunga Suria and Sri Brinchang) they where both fantastic and ridiculously cheap.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mothie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Magnetic Island, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I booked this hotel direct and asked specifically for a room with country views and a balcony as this was a special homecoming trip for my husband who had not been back to his birthplace in 30 years. When we arrived quite late, around 9pm, after driving in the pouring rain from KL we were given a room without a balcony and with a view of the car park and the street.
I went straight downstairs with a copy of my written guarantee that I would have the room I requested only to be told that as I had booked a triple room and they did not come with balconies there was nothing they could do! I work in the hotel industry myself and if a guest is guaranteed something in writing and then does not get it, you move heaven and earth to make it happen for them or you offer them an upgrade. Despite my obvious anger and distress, none of this happened in our case. We had a very uninterested woman shrug her shoulders and say there was nothing she could do and then turned away, effectively dismissing me.
I went back to my room seething with anger and if our child had not been so tired I would have demanded a refund and left on the spot.
Instead we decided to make the best of it, after all the room was cozy and comfortable and very arttractive looking.
As we were tired I ordered room service. I asked for a beef burger and a chicken burger and according to the menu both would come with a serve of fries. Room service had to ring me back to tell me they had no chicken burger and I would have to have 2 beef.
The man who brought the food to us was very nice, but I thought it odd that there was no cover over the plate and the food was just left exposed to anything, bugs, germs and the cold air.
To top it off this "meal" was cold, undercooked and disgusting and the 5 shrivelled up crinkle cut oven fries on the plate were about as unappertising as anything I have ever seen and can someone please tell the chef that hamburger mince is dangerous served half raw!
The next morning we went fearfully down to breakfast in a very nice looking restaurant, where a buffet selection awaited. I have never in my life had such bad food or bad service. This buffet breakfast was appaling and the only edible thing was the orange juice. The staff don't smile and they do their best to avoid looking at you in case you might want to signal them for something you need, which of course they cannot give you anyway.
I think if this place wants to do well it really needs to lift its game. I even left a guest comment card detailing everything I was unhappy about and this hotel, in its arrogance has not even bothered to respond or comment to me. I received no apology for the terrible service or the hugely glaring mistake made by their bookings people or for the shocking excuse for food that these people expected their guests to eat. Honestly if a restaurant in Malaysia cannot even serve a decent curry, what hope does it have?
On our second night we bought 2 minute noodles in a cup for dinner as it was better than the food poisoning that awaited us from that kitchen.
As I said, very pretty place, but thats all. I would not stay here again and I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank maggie_girl26

Travelers are raving about these Tanah Rata hotels

Malaysia
Reviewed November 8, 2009

For those who plan to go to Cameron Highlands, this hotel would be the best choice of all. We picked this hotel after reading all the reviews here n it turned out to be that everything being said without no doubt is true. The hotel is very inviting with the smart and beautiful scenery outside the hotel especially if you stay in a room with a balcony. Me n my spouse was actually looking for the aircond when we first entered the room that we forgot we are somewhere at the top of the Highlands and that makes the room became very cozy with a such pleasant cold breeze entering our room day and night. The place is calm as we are very near to the golf course area -perfect to ease your stress and relax your mind. The parking area for hotel guest is really spacious and you will never have to worry of not being able to park your car like some other hotels in Cameron The staffs and the duty managers were very helpful during our 2 days stay and they are very experienced in sharing their thoughts and ideas on the places to be visited there. The hotel is situated right in the middle of places of attraction just in between Tanah Rata and Brinchang. We will never forget the experience of staying at this hotel and we highly recommend this hotel to others who would like to have a pleasant visit here in Cameron. For Muslim, it is best just to have your dinner at the hotel restaurant itself as there is not many choices out there to dine out -dun forget to try out the Steamboat . Other than that, a must do in Cameron highlands is a visit to the night market where you could find souvenirs with a price you could bargain. For a perfect and yet interesting lunch, try the south Indian cuisine at Kumar Restaurant or Sri Brinchang Restaurant situated in Tanah Rata town just next to Starbucks.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
#8 of 12 in Tanah Rata
Casa dela Rosa Hotel
Casa dela Rosa Hotel
#5 of 12 in Tanah Rata

Been to Hotel De' La Ferns? Share your experiences!