“Impressive cabin and gracious hosts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Eagle Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chistochina
Red Eagle Lodge
Atlanta, GA
“Impressive cabin and gracious hosts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Hermit's Roost for one night. It was well-appointed with plenty of local charm. We had a light-weight but very warm down comforter, which was helpful, as the temperature dropped precipitously at night. The cute wood-burning stove heated up the cabin pretty well, although my husband had to get up in the middle of the night to restart the fire. Although we did not use the bathhouse, I must say it was outstanding! The woodwork and the fresh smell of cedar (or spruce?) left a lasting impression on me. Check it out just for the heck of it:-)
Judy and her husband made us feel very welcome. We swapped stories at breakfast table, while enjoying pancakes, turkey bacon, and an egg prepared by Richard.

Room Tip: I liked the Hermit's Roost, although my husband found the bed a bit on the small side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smyrnagal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here this winter because my so was working in the town and there was no other lodging available. I have to admit I was worried but once I got there I was at ease. We drove in in the middle of the nigh in a snow storm and the owners had made everything very easy on us. They gave us plenty of wood and paper if we wanted to use the wood stove, there is also a space Hester that is more than sufficient. There is a kitchenette available in the grandma cabin and everything is very cute and clean!!!. The bed and pillows were super comfy. In the morning we were invited inside and served a delicous breakfast. I am still drooling over egg casserole. Very kind and friendly. I will stay here again if need be.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Millea18
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this roadhouse many times over the last 5 years and am always delighted by it charm and comforts. The owners have gone out of their way to make it an enjoyable Alaskan experience and I can not recomend it enough. It is by far the best value for the dollar between Canada and places in between. Of their 6 cabins my favorute is Hermits Roost but Grandmas Cabin is just as friendly and cosy as the name it carries. If you find yourself on the Tok Cutof and needing wonderful accomidations with gracious hosts and a good nights sleep you have found the right place. I have been there summer, fall, winter and spring with the idea of going there just to go there, it is just that lovely. Enjoy!

Room Tip: cabins are clean, nicest bath house I have ever seen and a glamping tent, how fun is that. If walki...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank julie j
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed a night at the Red Eagle Lodge in Chistochina by chance and were delighted by the place. We stayed in Grandma's Cabin - comfortable but preserving a lot of old Alaska features. Breakfast was great. And the rest of the place is fascinating. For the buildings, the owners have placed a lot of energy into authenticity, but for the facilities, such as the bathhouse, they've gone all out for whatever.

Make a point to find this place! It's between Tok and Glennallen. They're open year 'round.

I was there on business but I'd like to go back just because.

Room Tip: Grandma's cabin. But I'd sure like to try one of those tent cabins that they put up in the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DelightedTraveller
Canton of Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stopped at the Red Eagle Lodge by chance and where pleasantly surprised! The warm welcome, the awesome 'Grandmother's Cabin' and the wonderful breakfast! Don't stop there by chance, make sure you plan to stop there. It is absolutely worth it!!!
'Grandmother's Cabin' is unbeatable (except by the 'Goldrush Camp' probably) but we had a chance to look at all the cabins and we would stay in every one of them. They are lovely made and outfittet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sev15
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just stayed in the campground and were invited to view the cabins...they are beautifully decorated. The BATHHOUSE washrooms were spacious and emaculate. Our next visit to Alaska will include a night in Grandma's cabin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JudyBill_12
Valdez, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had the chance to stay here because of a friend and WOW! This will now be a desination stop not just a place to stay while on the road. You get the most wonderfull inviting hosts with top class accomadations of any 5 star resort. You can make it as private or gather with other guests as you wish. The cabins are great along with the food and general service. Not to mention the fantastic unplanned bonfire where everyone gathered and shared food and roasted marshmellows just like when you were kids on a camping trip with the family. Don't go to the Princess Lodge and mortgage your house but go here and still have money to plan a second trip back.

Room Tip: you just need to decide if you want to be alone or stay with others like in a bunk bed dorm style ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank alaskabear99687

Been to Red Eagle Lodge? Share your experiences!