“Great Gem!”

Thai Spice at Lakewood Ranch
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Heard great things! First and foremost Al is totally awesome. If I could figure out how to hire him for our home I would! Thai spice chicken wings almost the best in the world! And we've lived around the world. Sushi not so good on sampler. Pad Thai great. Limited but nice wine selection. Avoid krab Wong tons. We will be back. Busy. And they take reservations.

1  Thank JudgeMunch

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is the first place in Florida that we have had fresh and real cold sushi. They have a variety and no mediocre food. The lunch specials are great and they come with different soups every day and salad and many different specials. The servers are very friendly and most are American except Ben he is so funny and the owner from Thailand is also very nice. I am a Jersey Girl and love their thai and sushi!!!

1  Thank rosabean
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This fine little gem has it all. A cozy setting, clean, simple, just right. The menu is divers with just enough departure of the typical Thai flavors. A must try is the coconut crusted Sushi. We just loved it. Singha Thai Lager Beer was preferred by us over the Sapporo Japanese Beer. The service is with attention to every detail, very friendly - very reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Can't say enough good things about this new restaurant!! Might be the best Thai restaurant I've ever enjoyed!!! Excellent food from soup to sushi to curry to desert. Excellent comfortable atmosphere, management & staff. I am so very happy that this restaurant is close by & hope they have continued success in many years to come! The rice soup was amazing & next time I'm going to try the crispy duck.

1  Thank laherr49
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Thai Spice at Lakewood Ranch is a new restaurant in Lakewood Ranch. We went there this evening for the first time. The restaurant is clean and comfortable. The service is impeccable. We started with Coconut Soup with chicken and Chicken Satay. The Coconut Soup is incredible. Wow!!! For our entrees my wife had Crispy Duck and I had Penang Chicken curry. I love food extremely spicy. Most of the time restaurants underestimate my request and prepare it far too mild. But not this time. My Thai Hot meal was wonderful. Perfectly seasoned and delightfully hot. They hit it right on target for my palate. Of course you can order it at any temperature. My wife said her duck was some of the best she's ever had. Anytime. Anywhere. For dessert we had Coconut Layer Cake and a bowl of Coconut Ice Cream - both homemade. Do not pass up these desserts.
And that brings up another point. The check. The prices are extremely reasonable. The service is wonderful. This is a gem of a restaurant - especially a Great Thai restaurant - for our community!

2  Thank Teamdawson1