This hotel has fantastic surroundings and the room was sumptuous and quiet (even though we seemed to get bumped out of our "sea view" room), large with a great bathroom. Everything was clean and well kept. The problem was the service. The check in took to long on account of the fact that we went on a three day weekend and reception was struggling to keep up with the arrivals. Still, the staff were polite and after a protracted wait we were whisked off to our lodgings in a golf cart. This place isn't for you if you don't like large resorts. We were half board, and breakfast and dinner were a bit daunting, with long queues and a lot of milling around to see what was on offer (or not). The staff was friendly but distracted, as of they themselves were finding it hard to cope with the hundreds of people. I spoke to them in Greek, but many of them speak English, which was fine. The problem is that they seemed slow - especially in the coffee bars as well as at the Kyvotos Restaurant by the sea - and disorganised. Wi-fi available in common areas but nothing doing in the room. Insufficient toiletries in the bathroom. No dustbin in the room except for the bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on the beachfront of Thermisia area in front of the Saronic Gulf with a beautiful view of Hydra Island the Barcelo Hydra Beach Resort features a magnificent spa center and an outdoor infinity pool. A sea-view main buffet restaurant serving Mediterranean and international cuisine and the a la carte (in summer months) Byblos Lounge and Bar are also available. Contemporary decorated, all rooms and bungalows open to a furnished balcony or terrace with garden, mountain or sea views. Each unit has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, air conditioning and minibar. The bathroom is fitted with a shower, bidet, free toiletries and a hairdryer. The 17,222 ft² (1,600 m)² spa center of Hydra Beach offers an indoor pool with a waterfall and hot tub, Turkish bath and fully equipped gym. Massage and body treatments and a beauty salon are available. Other facilities include a tennis court and playground. Free Wi-Fi is provided in all rooms and public areas. Barcelo Hydra Beach is 6.4 km from the port of Ermioni connecting to the island of Hydra. Within a 30-minute drive, guests can also reach Galatas Port, where sea taxis depart to the island of Poros. Free, private parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Hotwire, Prestigia, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelo Hydra Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Valtur Hydra Beach Hotel Thermisia
- Barcelo Hydra Beach Resort Greece/Thermisia