Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife and 4-years old daughter during our 8 days Greece adventure. As form Croatia, I was not interested in traditional island and wild nature since we have a lot of them at home. I was looking for resort type just to relax few days. In that sense Barcelo met my expectations. Location is isolated form everything but still easily reachable form Athens - 2 hours sail with flying dolphin to Hermioni (60€/adult), than 12 km by taxi to the hotel (20€). It is also possible to come by car 180km, that is cheaper but longer trip. Resort is not at island but due remote location feeling is like it is! Beaches are very nice and clean and what I find important never crowded as they seem to be private for hotel guests only. The pool is also nice, but there is sometimes lack of parasols and deckchairs. Children love small shelf pool. Generally hotel ground is beautiful, well maintained and pleasant to walk around. We had deluxe room that is spacious and clean but far away form regular 5* standard! For example no sleepers, bathrobe, coffee and tea maker, minibar is empty so you have to fill the drinks in by yourself, only trashcan in all room is one in bathroom, there is no one hanger to hang your towels in toilet,... Service staff is quite slow during dinner time. Food quality is not superb but good enough, just as expected for huge buffet restaurant, nice mixture of standard food and few Greek meals. All inclusive option with dinner is limited on soft drinks and only one kind of local red and white wine, everything else you have to pay additionaly so I choose half board option, as I found 45€ supplement per night not worth. The musicians do nice job in the evening performing live show in open-air theatre trying to be interactive with guests. As mentioned in many previous posts WiFi speed is unacceptable slow and useless! As we needed just nice relax far form everything Barcelo was very nice experience, but hotel should do some improvements to deserve 5th star declared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on the beachfront of Thermisia area in front of the Saronic Gulf with a beautiful view of Hydra Island the Barcelo Hydra Beach Resort features a magnificent spa center and an outdoor infinity pool. A sea-view main buffet restaurant serving Mediterranean and international cuisine and the a la carte (in summer months) Byblos Lounge and Bar are also available. Contemporary decorated, all rooms and bungalows open to a furnished balcony or terrace with garden, mountain or sea views. Each unit has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, air conditioning and minibar. The bathroom is fitted with a shower, bidet, free toiletries and a hairdryer. The 17,222 ft² (1,600 m)² spa center of Hydra Beach offers an indoor pool with a waterfall and hot tub, Turkish bath and fully equipped gym. Massage and body treatments and a beauty salon are available. Other facilities include a tennis court and playground. Free Wi-Fi is provided in all rooms and public areas. Barcelo Hydra Beach is 6.4 km from the port of Ermioni connecting to the island of Hydra. Within a 30-minute drive, guests can also reach Galatas Port, where sea taxis depart to the island of Poros. Free, private parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelo Hydra Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Valtur Hydra Beach Hotel Thermisia
- Barcelo Hydra Beach Resort Greece/Thermisia