“unpretentious gem with excellent food and service”
Review of Le Resto des Arts

Le Resto des Arts
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Nyons
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The four of us were seated upstairs in the mezzanine by the charming hostess and co-owner. Her husband is the chef. Our waitress was a cheerful and exceptionally efficient young woman who anticipated our every need without intruding. We began with the sashimi platter with the freshest fish imaginable, sauces and superb homemade bread. Although the platter was intended as an entrée (first course) for one person, all four of us shared it and still couldn't eat everything much as we wanted to. For the plats (main dish) I had 3 thick juicy lamb chops cooked to rosy perfection the way I'd requested, accompanied by vegetables in season; my companion had fresh vegetables and pasta as a bed for dos de cabillaud (back of cod, the sweetest part) and the other couple had magret de canard in honeyed sauce and rabbit, the latter of which was somewhat dry. The portions are enormous and I was offered the leftovers for my dog, who was most pleased. One person had a chocolate confection for dessert, about which she raved and the other excellent homemade sorbet. Non-drinkers, we had bottled Vals, perfectly chilled, to drink, followed by high-quality coffee. An exceptionally delicious evening with superb service. The restaurant was packed and yet we never felt rushed or not attended to.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

What a nice surprise finding this little gem in the old village amongst the restaurants our lodgings. Great food at reasonable prices (~25€ each). The soup with truffles was delicious...almost a mean in of itself. I had the lobster ravioli...a large dumpling....not great but good enough. My wife had the rabbit leg...a huge leg....must grow them big here! Dessert was included in the table d'hôte...lots of small delicious cakes like profiteroles, brownie fondant, ice cream, etc. so much that we had to take it home. Will definitely go there again when in Nyons.

2  Thank murmur9630
Reviewed September 27, 2012

an excellent meal under the awning. Staff charming, helpful and fun. The gaspacho with moules sensational, as was the perfect chocolate fondant. A real boost to an otherwise accident-laden holiday.

1  Thank William C
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had diner in this restaurant. The presentation of the food was very good, but I've got food poisoning some hours after our visit. I had the Gazpacho with mussels and I suppose it were the mussels who caused the problems. My husband had the same menu. He didn't get food poisoning but wasn't feeling well the following night/day.
I send a mail to the restaurant, but no response...! So take care.

1  Thank famdeboer
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Having just returned from our trip to the Provence, the first thing I want to do is to add my review report as quickly as possible. Le Resto des Arts is beautifully located in the rue des Déportés, a pedestrian street that leads to the Roman bridge. Nyons is an interesting stop on one of the alternative routes to the South of France. Should this restaurants be fully booked, there are many alternative possibilities in the street and in the surrounding neighbourhood, but, as mentioned in previous reports, of unequal quality. So read Tripadvisor carefully.
The menu is rather limited, but only contains dishes based on fresh ingredients. We chose the Formule du midi at 16 € (main and desert): duo de poissons or lapin, and the sorbet/peach soup desert. Delicious! Service was personal, efficient, interested, committed, everything you can ask for. This is certainly one of the best price/quality ratios in years!
If we would have to add one point of minor criticism, it would be the fact that upon ordering this Formule du Midi, they suggest an extra starter (in our case the soupe de melon et jambon - delicious by the way!) at 12 €, which seems a little disproportionate pricewise.
Anyway, congratulations, we'll be back! And keep doing your thing ...