“Fantastic welcome”
Review of Lavender Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kidlington
Lavender Cottage
Ranked #4 of 5 Kidlington B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic welcome”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay. Thoughtful hosts who catered for a wheat flour allergy and suggested suitable places to eat too. Breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit cereals, yoghurt and a choice of cooked breakfast with home made bread.
The room was stylish and comfortable with crisp comfortable bedding and the ensuite bathroom was beautifully appointed.
We stayed one night to attend a friend's party and everything we needed was within walking distance. Parking is easy too.
Thank you so much for your great hospitality

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
kidlington
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My cousin came from Australia to visit and I booked them into Lavender Cottage because I thought it looked like a perfect English cottage , and how right I was. Rosemary and Peter Welham were the perfect hosts.Nothing was too much trouble and the house was just beautiful.The twin room with its own private bathroom was just lovely with a beautiful sitting room available downstairs to watch tv or just chill. On their last day it was my cousins birthday and she received a box of chocolates and a balloon from Peter and Rosemary , a really sweet gesture. I would recommend this B&B to any one .Wonderful

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Udine, Italy
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'd been dwelling in Lavender cottage for 15days and believe me this is a 5star B&B at the cheapest price of the Oxford area!
They clean everything everyday very very very meticulously, every day I'd fresh flower in the room, snacks, water, fresh milk, te', everything You need.
The breakfast was amazing, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, eggs, beans, toast, mushroom, bacon, milk, jams, etc......that they can do in an infinite of variations...and if You want something more or just different, You have just to ask and Your dreams will be fulfilled.
I could tell that the owner are Friendly but these would be saying nothing, they both are much more than Friendly...I've been literally impressed by them!!
You want to know something of very cute? I'd been there for Easter and in the morning, for breakfast I did found a Easter chocolate egg!! It was so cute!!
In conclusion, this is literally a Paradise Point, everything is Amazing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LorisC-OAA
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

An absolutely beautiful house and a very warm welcome. Just what we were looking for. The room was clean and tasefully decorated, and the bathroom was absolute luxury. We wanted to treat ourselves without breaking the bank and its so nice when something is a good as you hoped it would be. Thanks so much for making our weekend so perfect!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2012

A beautiful place to stay. The attention to detail is second to none; a well stocked refreshment tray in our bedroom and Molton Brown toiletries in the en suite bathroom. There were fresh flowers from the garden in our rooms and in the dining room. It all just made me smile! My husband and I had the double room which was en suite and our sons had the twin room, which had a bathroom just next door. Everything is absolutely immaculate and there are tasteful ornaments and pictures. It IS an old cottage, decorated in a style which is in keeping, but without being twee.

Breakfast in the morning was the best I've had in any hotel or B&B.

My only slightly negative comment would be that the bed was very soft - too soft for me. But that is just personal preference and I certainly wouldn't mark down on the overall stay just on this fact. And I'm not sure if there were other guests staying at the same time as us, but it was a little unnerving that there were no locks on the bedroom doors.

But, Peter and Rosemary, thank you for a most enjoyable overnight stay. I'd have no hesitation in staying again or recommending you to friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzanne C
Kidlington_Oxford, Owner at Lavender Cottage, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Suzanne

Thank you very much for your kind review - we're very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

If I may, I would like to address the two issues you raised:

With regard to the bed in our double room, we agree that it was on the soft side. While most guest comments had been positive ('like climbing into a cloud', for example) we accepted that it might not be to everyone's taste so it has since been replaced with one of average, medium firmness.

In respect to security, each of our two rooms have sliding bolts on the inside and both are also fitted with dead locks. I'm sorry that we didn't explain this properly but although the dead lock keys are available, we don't usually issue these if only one room is let or both are let to the same group (as with you and your sons).

It was a real pleasure for us to meet you and your family and we hope to welcome you here again.

Kind regards

Rosemary
Deal, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Wow, this B&B is absolutely perfect, we stay in Kidlington quite often to visit family. From now on we will stay nowhere else.
I couldn't find a single fault with this beautiful cottage... perfectly kept, every inch is sparkling clean. Gorgeous furnishings throughout and really comfortable beds.
The owners really have thought of everything!!

We stayed in a twin room with an amazing bathroom next door, one you'd be impressed to find in a 5* hotel. Fluffy towels, fantasic double shower and luxurious bath.

Toiletries provided and tea tray in the room were all stocked with the highest quailty products.
Books and magazines left for us in the room and flat screen TV with all the channels.

We couldn't have asked for more!! The owner was on hand at all times and her breakfast was every bit as good as the rest of our experience! Thank you... we'll be back again and again!!

Room Tip: I'm sure they're all fab!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kidlington_Oxford, Owner at Lavender Cottage, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and also for your very kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back before too long.

Best regards

Rosemary
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This B&B is real hidden gem and was only recommended to us after our usual B&B in Oxford was fully booked. This has now become our new favourite! In a quiet area of a beautiful village with shops, restaurants and pubs on your doorstep, the location is perfect for our regular shopping trips in Oxford and just a stones throw from Bleinham Palace. The bedroom was beautiful, with very high quality attention to detail throughout. The house is very nicely done, the owners very friendly and the breakfast was really lovely. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Book early as they seem to get booked a long way in advance.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PJG200
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidlington
Jurys Inn Oxford
#1 of 6 in Woodstock
Remont Oxford Hotel
Remont Oxford Hotel
#3 of 44 in Oxford

Been to Lavender Cottage? Share your experiences!