“Brilliant Fun at Fun City”

Fun City at Brean Leisure Park
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Brean
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My family of four visited Fun City at the end of July and had a great time there. We mainly went for our 7 year old boy who loves theme parks and Sooty and all the rides were perfect for his age.

Rides

We went on nearly every ride and the ones we liked the best were: the roller coaster which had an upside down loop, the swings (called wave swinger, which my son went on a few times), Frisbee, squirting boats, a big log flume, magic mouse, walzer (which span very fast but my son loved it) and disco fever. The rides were very good. Many were like fair rides but some were like rides from a theme park like the log flume and roller coaster. Even though it was the start of the school holidays we did not have to queue up for rides which was good.

Cost

We had wrist bands and as we stayed at the caravan site that was next to the theme park (HRU) we got a £5 discount off each one which was excellent value for money. We went another day, just for a couple of hours, and used tokens which were only 50p each and you could get on many of the rides for about £2 - £2.50 which was well worth the money. There were plenty of rides to last for a full day out. Food and drink was quite expensive but to be expected at a place like this.

Sooty

There is a little section at the back of the theme park showing old Sooty TV scene sets and the original Sooty camper van which was well worth a look. We also watched Sooty performing live which is at 3pm everyday and this was also good.

We all had a great day there and would go there again :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"kids and adults"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2014

My kids spend all day here, definitely worth the money, they loved it! You can also get 3 for 2 vouchers on vouchers.com which saves ££££

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great theme park for the kids!
Excellent value for money too - unlimited ride wristbands meant they they could ride over and over again!
I liked that I didn't have tot pay for entry myself and I could follow them from ride to ride. Even took my little dog along aswell.

1  Thank Gemma G
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Booked ultimate wristband tickets online. It was my understanding that I was paying for tickets from 1030 to 2130, therefore only arriving at 1300hrs. I notice another reviewer has said something similar. At 1700hrs whilst trying to get on a ride with my kids I was told that our wristbands had ended. I explained that it was my understanding the wristbands were till 2130 but was informed that it was only until 1700hrs. I was allowed on the ride but before it started the manager, another male and the male working the ride surrounded me in the ride to reiterate that this was my last ride. It felt a bit OTT, I am a female and I had not caused a scene, I had already been told that so felt this was unnecessary. Needless to say we left straight after but was considering getting the later wristband. Advertised as a free entry theme park, yet u pay an expensive amount for wristbands to go there. The toilets were very clean and plenty to eat on site. This was probably no more expensive than anywhere else but it wasn't as nice. Not sure if I would return. Check the website closely when purchasing your tickets!