KK is absolutely worth its 5 stars. We stayed in the Hellaconia Suite for 3 nights and only wish we had stayed longer. The grounds are beautiful with great attention to detail - there are stacks of history / picture books of Sri Lanka in the pavillion (and in each suite) and plenty of board games. We loved coming over for drinks and chess in the colonial surroundings prior to dinner. The food was absolutely delicious and so we ate here each night. In particular, on the Friday, there was a Sri Lankan feast where we tried a bit of everything.
The view from the pool loungers overlooking the tea plantation and koggala lake is stunning, and the water a perfect temperature. We definitely made sure we could properly enjoy the pool and view! The staff were splendid - professional, quiet, approachable and very good english. George himself was very friendly and came to say hello and make sure everything was ok which was a nice touch. George and his team made the place and were able to offer a service that matched the beautiful surroundings. I have to also mention the lizard that was as big as the dog and we had fun spotting him around the plantation (is he part of the team too?)
I had been a little wary in case KK was hard to get to having been to South India and feeling very sick from the crazy driving and constant horns and noise. However we had an easy and interesting train from Bentota to Galle (world's easier to understand than the Indian railways) and a smooth, quiet (result!) and surprisingly quick transfer by KK's car back to the airport along the entire of the expressway.
Thanks George and team, we loved our stay!
p.s. the only thing I could ask for was some KK postcards, would loved to have taken some back to add to our collection and to write at the pool. We couldn't find any in the pavillion or at the KK shop in Galle. George did write us a card to say thanks for coming and hoping we enjoyed our stay which was a great touch so that will be going on the postcard wall!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high up above a tea estate, and yet within easy reach of the stunning beaches for which Sri Lanka is well know, Kahanda Kanda is the perfect hideaway. With stunning individual villas that afford privacy and space, combined with sensational views, the cuisine is superb, and the service is first class. We aim to offer 5 star service, and with only 5 suites, that service is truly individual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Kahanda Kanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahanda Kanda Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Hotel Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Sri Lanka/Angulugaha