We were looking for a tea estate holiday, and all the time we have always been to the up country to experience such a holiday. Although, this holiday we could not find any room, then I found this gem. I am glad that we did not find any room in the usual tea country, because we found a luxurious hotel in another tea esate in a different part of Sri Lanka. It made us explore further about the island of sunshine.
We, that was myself, my husband and my father, we had a wonderful time at KK!! The service was special. The staff was really helpful. I wish I can name them,sadly I cannot remember their names. We really appreciate the two of the staff members who looked like they were twins but actually they were not. I even asked them if they were and they politely said they were not. It looked, like I was not the first one to question about their similarities. They were very attentive, professional and friendly. It really makes me so glad to be back in Lanka, from all the smiles .. Because I live outside Sri Lanka and it made me feel like I am back home because of all the warmth we received form the staff.No where in the world would people be smiling at you other than Lanka.
Absolutely a stunning place !!Our suite was named, The Dubu suite and what a room. We had our own pool. Huge bed, long doors and window that we could open right around the room, it let bright light and cool breeze in. I loved the china that was on display. Maybe because I am also a collector. The most beautiful thing was in this room was actually out side.The magnificent mango tree that stands right in front of the room like a giant waving it's arms up above, as if welcoming everyone in to the garden.. We have never seen a tree like that. Even had a bit of an adventure with the monkeys.. Cheeky buggers !!
The hotel had a great fitness room. My husband and I workout quite a bit. I am a hockey player and I also train Muay Thai, so I specially loved the punching bag. And the fact we both could train on the ground running on those those steep hills, the dogs were my running mates, such cuties. We are both training for a half a marathon, so it really helped out a great deal. Few of the gusts must have thought the two of us were just nuts. But that is just us, we are not really the type of travelers who just laze around whole day by the beach. So this hotel was just perfect fit for us.
However, I do have one negative thing but only about our room, it is difficult to use the bathrooms during the rain. We had two of them, though they were both located out side. Maybe should consider at least attaching one small additional toilet to the room, it would make life much easier..
Thank you very much to everyone at KK for making our stay a memorable, peaceful and scrumptious.. We will be back.. Ciao. Inoka, Jonas and Gamunu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high up above a tea estate, and yet within easy reach of the stunning beaches for which Sri Lanka is well know, Kahanda Kanda is the perfect hideaway. With stunning individual villas that afford privacy and space, combined with sensational views, the cuisine is superb, and the service is first class. We aim to offer 5 star service, and with only 5 suites, that service is truly individual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Kahanda Kanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahanda Kanda Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Hotel Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Sri Lanka/Angulugaha