This review is a little late but better than never. We had our wedding here and hired the whole resort for the rest of the family. We can't thank George and the team enough for arranging such an amazing wedding for us and holiday for the rest of our families. From the moment we arrived and saw the beautiful location, any worries we had soon disappeared, especially when we met George who seemed so relaxed about it all.
Kahanda Kanda really is a special place, the rooms are all lovely and the Dubu suite we stayed in was just incredible - all that space just for us (and the resident monkeys, of course!). The food was delicious and went down very well with everyone, especially possibly the biggest prawns we have ever seen!
The wedding day, every single part of it exceeded our expectations. The flowers were perfect, the ceremony was laid out beautifully, the table looked lovely, food was wonderful and the lights around the gardens made the whole place look magical. The Kandyan drummers and the fire eaters added a really nice edge to the day and everyone really enjoyed watching them. Georges attention to detail really showed and if we could do it all again, there is not a single thing we would change.
Everyone has said what an incredible location Kahanda Kanda is and how well they were looked after - it's always hard to please everyone but George and the team certainly managed to do just that!.
We would both like to say a huge thank you to you and your team of lovely staff who made our stay so special and we can't wait to come back soon, maybe for our anniversary…!
Overall an amazing place and staff who created the holiday of our lives we'll never forget. For anyone else thinking about this place - just do it, you will not regret it
Scott & Kirsty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high up above a tea estate, and yet within easy reach of the stunning beaches for which Sri Lanka is well know, Kahanda Kanda is the perfect hideaway. With stunning individual villas that afford privacy and space, combined with sensational views, the cuisine is superb, and the service is first class. We aim to offer 5 star service, and with only 5 suites, that service is truly individual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Kahanda Kanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahanda Kanda Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Hotel Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Sri Lanka/Angulugaha