My new wife Janey and I stayed at Kahanda Kanda for the last 5 days of our honeymoon in April. We arrived after a long and winding journey from the hill country to be greeted with Garlands and a fresh coconut drink, just what was required. We were then guided to our Mango Suite and everything was explained to us and we were asked if we would like anything to eat, which we readily agreed to a couple of salads. We were enchanted by our suite with a lovely verandah overlooking the tea plantation and jungle. We sat enchanted by the birds in the trees in front of us and our salads arrived. We were asked to choose our evening meal from the menu and we were offered a cookery lesson the following day, which we readily agreed to.
We explored the property and were enchanted by the surroundings and the eclectic furniture etc. That evening we were served Gin and Tonics in the comfortable lounge and then moved to flower petal strewn table for a lovely dinner with attentive service.
This was really the story for the rest of our stay wonderful friendly service and beautiful food. After our curry cookery lesson we ate our first curry that night and then every night afterwards, infact the staff just knew what we wanted and were happy to oblige with different curries every night and we never saw the menu again which amused us as the staff were so happy for us to eat Sri Lankan food. On the second morning with the recommendation of the totally wonderful Henry I tried Hoppers for breakfast and never looked back. I could go on and on but suffice it to say we had the most perfect time at KK we met George a couple of times in the beginning and he was amusing and charming, he was then away for the rest of our stay but the staff led by the managers attended to our every need and were always ready to offer us suggestions as to what to do, though we were mostly happy to enjoy just relaxing and soaking up the beauty of KK. We were on our own for two nights and then with another honeymooning couple whom we made friends with and dined with in the evenings again it was easily arranged for us to eat together and we shared a wonderful multi type curry together on our last night.
I have to mention Henry again he really is a wonderful man and was so friendly and helpful and Rosie the cat who soon found out we woke up at 6am and was on our doorstep when I opened the door.
We had the most wonderful stay in paradise thank you George and everyone at KK it was a dream come true for us.
David and Janey Bridgman
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high up above a tea estate, and yet within easy reach of the stunning beaches for which Sri Lanka is well know, Kahanda Kanda is the perfect hideaway. With stunning individual villas that afford privacy and space, combined with sensational views, the cuisine is superb, and the service is first class. We aim to offer 5 star service, and with only 5 suites, that service is truly individual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Kahanda Kanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahanda Kanda Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Hotel Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Sri Lanka/Angulugaha