We came with great intentions of doing the lake trip to Cinnamon and Bird Islands but the lure of the wrap around verandah of Tea and Garden Rooms was just too much. KK is a dreamy place to hang out for a couple of days, either at the start of an adventure around Sri Lanka or before you head to the airport for wherever. From the garlands of flowers upon arrival to the Ipod stand in the bedrooms, the thickest mattress protectors ever, and the fantastic views either across to Koggola Lake or jungle, KK is a winner.
One of our party did a bike trip around the lake and played cricket with the local lads; others went for morning strolls in the nearby villages and others stayed verandah or pool side.
The rooms are spacious with an eclectic mix of Europe meets Asian furnishings - which works well.
All in all, a good place to hangout before heading to Galle Fort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high up above a tea estate, and yet within easy reach of the stunning beaches for which Sri Lanka is well know, Kahanda Kanda is the perfect hideaway. With stunning individual villas that afford privacy and space, combined with sensational views, the cuisine is superb, and the service is first class. We aim to offer 5 star service, and with only 5 suites, that service is truly individual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Kahanda Kanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahanda Kanda Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Hotel Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Sri Lanka/Angulugaha