“Wonderful, Cosy Inn and Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The White Horse

and 1 more site!
The White Horse
Ranked #1 of 1 Woolstone B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“Wonderful, Cosy Inn and Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed a night at the White Horse. The Inn itself is wonderfully warm and welcoming with great food, great service and a lovely ambiance. The rooms were lovely amnd warm and overall our stay was excellent. We highly recommended it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Delta, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I and another couple stayed here 1 night while walking the Ridgeway. We had a beer in the pub and enjoyed talking with the locals. The Inn was very nicely kept and had a partial thatched roof. Our room was large, clean and furnished in a very modern style. The bed was located on the ground floor and the large bathroom with a big tub was located was reached by a staircase on the next floor. We had dinner and found it to be good. The owner kindly gave us a ride back to the Ridgeway the next morning and arranged for the transfer of our luggage to the next stop for a fee which was good for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reriz, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have spent a week at the White Horse celebrating a family wedding in the Exquisite All Saints Church in Woolstone. From the minute of our arrival we were looked after by the wonderful staff who could not have been kinder.
During the week we ate there for lunches and several dinners and daily for really wonderful breakfasts. The food is varied and well presented and the atmosphere great, whether in the dining room, bar or the lovely garden area.
Our rooms were very comfy, great beds and all the bits and bobs you would expect, from tea/coffee tray to hair dryers etc. Except for rooms Number 5 and 6 the bathrooms are upstairs but quite frankly with the good food we were consuming a little exercise seemed quite a good thing!
Upstairs in our room, no 1 , was a very spacious bath/ shower room, and perfect for a longish stay, a walk in wardrobe, long mirror and iron and ironing board. Perfect for the Big Day celebrations.
Nicole and Hailey looked after us all with kindness and skill and the "Boss" , Keith is a great manager and made our week even more enjoyable with his help and cheery Irish charm ( he knows a thing or two about horses which won over all my family too). The whole experience of the White Horse was a delight, a beautiful old Pub, gorgeous village , great walks, picturesque towns nearby and the beautiful Valley of the Race Horse.
We would not hesitate to return and look forward to seeing the great team at our lovely Pub again and recommending it to all our Iberian friends!

Room Tip: Family room 5&6; twin en suite, Double en suite and extra sofa bed in sitting room area. Rooms...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I came down today from the hill for a quick drink and snack with a friend. The friendly barman served me a beautiful pint of Arkells 'Kingsdown Ale' which was absolutely one of the best beers I have ever tasted. The beer and atmosphere were only added to when I enjoyed one of the freshly made sausage rolls which was honestly one of the best snacks I've ever eaten in a pub. I'll be suggesting your pub to many of my friends as a beautiful place to spend a few hours on any day of the week and I will be returningsoon for a meal as the menu I was shown looks fantastic.
Thank you and I hope to be back very soon to this beautiful pub.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank RLanesdale
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I went to the White Horse at Woolstone for lunch the Sunday before last at 2pm. It is a pub that we have used the pub before and I must say it is still one of the most picturesque pubs around. The place has a real warm feeling and bustling with diners and local alike. The staff are friendly and efficient and busy here and there looking after everyone. We opted to sit in the garden as the weather is still good enough,which was very pleasant. I ordered the carve yourself roast which was plentiful and satisfying, my wife had the sea bass which she said was wonderful.
All in all we had a great time mixing with the jovial locals after lunch. The landlord is a good host with a dry sense of humour which takes a little time to understand, he seems to runs a very efficient operation. I have recommended this place by word of mouth but now also on here. It is true you get what you pay for........

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob M
Wantage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I often go in to the pub just for a coffee (even though it's not our local). excellent service and great coffee, perfect to sip while perched on a stool in front of the fire. A firm favourite of ours.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 0Elizabeth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a gorgeous meal we enjoyed at your pub last Saturday. We each had something different and all raved about how beautifully presented, flavoursome food was put on our table. All four of us had different desserts and were not disappointed with those either, not too sweet, you could taste the all of the lovely flavours without being drowned in sugar. It was a bit of a special weekend for us and a central point to meet family for a celebration lunch but it is not the last time, we'll be back in October for my sons 20th, he will adore the pub and the food! The waiting staff were attentive, efficient, Happy and polite. Thank you so much.
Shelley, Charlie, sue and Bill.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shelley O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolstone
Star Inn
#1 of 3 in Uffington
The Trout at Tadpole Bridge
The Trout at Tadpole Bridge
#1 of 1 in Buckland Marsh

Been to The White Horse? Share your experiences!