“Great View, Good Foods, Terrible Services”
Review of Gubug Mang Engking

Gubug Mang Engking
Ranked #2 of 659 Restaurants in Tangerang
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Serpong, Indonesia
“Great View, Good Foods, Terrible Services”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I come here with my families for dinner. I have ever eaten at this restaurant but at their another branch in Yogyakarta. I found it really good and they also have a selection of good foods, so I decided to bring my families here at their branches in BSD city which is not that far from our home. We orders 3 menus, honey grilled shrimp (this food is their specialty), crab and also one plate of sauteed vegetable. Everything seems okay at first because we enjoy the atmosphere there which is great and rarely found nowadays.

Everything go wrong when we have been waiting for 1 hour and the foods are not yet to come at our table. I have asked the waiters for 4 times and the foods are still not in our table. Few minutes later after that, the rice and a plate of honey grilled chicken are delivered to our table and the other foods are still not yet to come. I decide to ask at the front desk and it turns out their crab is out of stock and they don't even tell us about that, making us waiting for nothing. After that we decide to pay just only for the rice and the shrimp and move to another place.

Yes they have great honey grilled shrimp and another good foods with also great scenic view and atmosphere but I definitely don't want to come back here because of the services. It's really terrible.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank JayKhouw

• Indonesian first
“Bad direction”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The map guide us to the wrong direction. 11km from the right spot.
I feed my kids their lunch at 3PM because of this.
Realy sucks.....

2 Thank Iwan H
“great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

after recent visit at gubug mang engking, i have to say they could be one of the best valued restaurant in town. the service was great. the food was tasty. try some of their honey roasted chicken and roasted prawns. their menu's portion are quite large hence their higher price than other places.

• Visited October 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Fantastic resto”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

One of my best fave resto, good food, fresh, friendly service, fantastic design resto, good ambience, romantic

Visited September 2013