“Great hotel! But there are room for improvements.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera

Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Tangerang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great hotel! But there are room for improvements.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've been staying in this hotel for more than 30 days and are still continuing to stay for another month or so. I'd say it's a great and comfortable hotel to stay. The room is clean and comfortable. Staffs are friendly.

I'd appreciate if the management could pay more attention to:
1) The cleanliness of plates, glass, cups and utensils of Mint & Pepper restaurant.
2) The freshness and cleanliness of the food is inconsistent. The hard boiled egg is sometimes not fresh or covered in droppings. Eggs must be thoroughly washed to remove any dirt on it.
3) Consistency of room service. Sometimes, the tissue / laundry bag / mineral water is not replenished.

If all these issues are addressed, I'd rate this hotel as Excellent. Overall, it is very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank WS L
sylvain L, General Manager at Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Sir,

It was a pleasure to meet you directly on you next stay and to share with you regarding your comments.

Thank you for your such good feedback during our discussion and sorry again for the inconvenience on your previous stay.

We really need repeating guests highlights like yours to keep our level of quality and we already share with all our team to avoid this in the future.

See you very soon again

My best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Pematangsiantar, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I usually love to try new Accor properties around Jakarta. One of them is Mercure Serpong. Actually I don't usually like to stay in a city hotel for weekend breaks. However, that's not the case when I stayed in Mercure Serpong.

I booked two privilege rooms and one superior room. The difference between privilege room with superior is the privilege room has free mini-bars and has a view to the pool. I booked Mercure Serpong during their opening weekend on November with my family. There are lot of our favorite restaurants nearby. Restaurant Bandar Djakarta just across the street from the hotel. It turns out to be excellent culinary trip since there are lot of our favorite restaurants around the hotel including the newly-opened Holycow Steak which is just around 30 minutes drive from the hotel.

During our check-in, we only got fruit punch as welcome drink. It is quite different with other Mercure and Accor hotels where Le Club Gold or Plat can choose welcome drinks from the menu. I guessed that they haven't implemented on that time. There was no room upgrade either since probably the staffs were not aware of this on that time. However, I remember that I was given late check-out until 4 pm which was really appreciated since we would like to have Asar pray before going back home.

We had our breakfast in their restaurant and it was great. The staffs in Mercure Serpong are also excellent, they always had some staffs who stand-by near to the entrance and always greet everyone who enter the hotel. My parents also saying that the staffs in Mercure Serpong probably the friendliest that they ever had comparing to other Accor properties in Jakarta.

All in all, it was great stay. I've been staying in 30-40 Accor properties in Asia Pacific and Europe. I guess that Mercure Serpong is one of my favorite. Eventhough I'm no longer living in Jakarta, I've just booked Mercure Serpong for weekend break in August so I guess my parents would love to stay again on this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank virtualaris
sylvain L, General Manager at Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We are really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel during our soft opening a few months ago.
I will be happy to meet you when you will be back in August and be assured that I will pass your so kind words about service to all our team.

I hope you will enjoy your next stay with us

All our best regards
Tanggerang Selatan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

have a nice swimming pool. the rooms are quite clean. hotel employees are very friendly. the price of food in the cafe is reasonably priced for the class. but unfortunately the blackout happened yesterday. probably due to the power supply being limited in Tangerang. but overall good. according to the hotel price

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
sylvain L, General Manager at Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Mrs Beverly,

Thank you very much for your kind review about Mercure Alam Sutera service and facilities.

As you explain, there was some Electricity supply repair in all Tangerang area which caused during 2 weeks some unexpectable black out.
We are sorry that it happens during your stay with us and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Modena, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Rooms are new & clean. The staffs are nice & friendly. Near to Shopping Mall & restaurant. I enjoyed the swimming...Strategic location, Very nice the area for jogging and bicycle track in surrounding area any time . A very comfortable stay at this hotel far from the traffic jam in JKT.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Paolo N
Dear Mr Paolo,

It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain the quality of our service.

I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family stayed in Mercure Alam Sutera for weekend, Grandpa and Grandma enjoy their relaxation in cozy room, watching grandchildren swimming from the window, and view in the pool is great. Strategic location, close to shopping mall, and restaurants. There are jogging and bicycle track in surrounding area so in the morning we enjoyed jogging around with my family. Staff are very polite and friendly. It is very recommended for spending weekend with family.

Room Tip: 2nd floor,room with the same floor with swimming pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Lily W
sylvain L, General Manager at Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for this great review.

We really appreciate your good feeling sharing about your last stay in Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera.

As a "city inside the city", Alam Sutera offer many kind of activities for sport, kids, shopping or culinary.

We are waiting for your next visit.

Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I just return to Balikpapan, East Kalimantan from Jakarta for business purpose. I decided to stay for 1 night in this hotel, knowing that it is a new ACCOR chain hotel in the area and it is also very close to Living World Shopping Mall (5 minutes walking across the street).

The front desk staffs are friendly, helpful and responsive during our check-in. I stayed in the suite room. For a suite room, the room size is a bit smaller compare to other 4 stars hotel which I've stayed before. But still, it is cozy, the room arrangement and interior design are good. The other good service is for all room type, the room rate is already include free wi-fi and minibar, so it is a value for money. Unfortunately, since I only stay for 1 night, so I didn't have the chance to feel the other service or facilities in this hotel. However, for sure I will back to this Hotel if I'll have another trip in this area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Johanes W
Dear Sir

We really thank you to take the time to write us a such good review on tripadvisor.

For sure we are waiting for your next stay to enjoy our food and beverage outlets, our pooldeck and our spa service.

We will welcome you with the same pleasure and continue to upgrade our global service to make sure you will spend a memorable moment.

Our best regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tangerang
Hotel Novotel Tangerang
Grand Zuri BSD City
Grand Zuri BSD City
#1 of 7 in Serpong
Atria Residences Gading Serpong

Been to Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera? Share your experiences!