“Good choice”

Amaris Hotel Soekarno-Hatta Airport
Ranked #44 of 55 Hotels in Tangerang
Reviewed August 6, 2013

It´s no very cheap (hotels in this country are much cheaper!) but it includes pick up from/to the airport, witch is 15 minutes away from the hotel.

Everything was clean, the breakfast was free buffet and the staff was kindly and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent a short night here simply because we arrived late and had a morning flight, and did not want to go or spend further. The rooms were small, bedding was ok, but room fixtures minimal and not everything was clean. If you plan to do anything besides sleep for a short time, look elsewhere. One handy feature is that you there is a walkway over the main road so you can reach a late night minishop for food and drinks. Getting to the hotel was odd, as the road is set up so that it took 20 minutes by car to reach there from the airport, but only 7-8 minutes to get back to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank ditchnapper
Reviewed July 15, 2013

So different to it's sister hotel Santika. Seems like that this hotel does not need any guest.
The receptionist very unfriendly.
I booked this hotel for my brother in law and 15 later for my sister on their transit from Surabaya to New York. With the price I could get for 3 stars hotel in Surabaya, I choose this simple hotel for it's providing airport shuttle service.
What happened was on the 30 June, 2013, they did not picked up my brother in law and his 80+ mother. I didn't know until my sister told me so on the 14 July, when she tried to reconfirm the airport pick up service on her and her son arrival on 15 July.
When she tried to ask if they have the booking, the reception said he could not find it in the computer. I had booked a room through a travel agent two month prior to the date, and had paid it fully. Then, half an hour later he called back and informed that the booking was fine.
On 15 July, my sister and her son were picked up at the airport, but had to wait for a quite a long time before the car leaving for the hotel.
Arriving at the hotel, no porter available. The room was so small. But, worst thing is that the hotel does not provided any meal service. The only place to have your meal is at a restaurant next to the hotel. It was lunch time, my sister went to the restaurant only found that during the fasting month in Indonesia, the restaurant will start it's service at 4 pm. The hotel will not help you to make a delivery order from a fastfood around. The hotel does not provide you some water to drink. Luckily, my sister brought a bottle of mineral water on her bag. so, both my sister and her son had to survive with a bottle of water till 4 pm.
After 4 pm, my sister tried to find some meal from the restaurant next door, but the restaurant only can serve "nasi bungkus" (meal wrapped in a waxed paper) to take away. They can not accept dine in till fasting time break around 6 pm. Since my sisterwas so hungry, the she bought some to take back to her room. At the hotel she tried to borrowsome plate, spoon and fork from the hotel to have the meal, but again the hotel said that they don' have the. At last, my sister and her son had to have their meal with bare hand.
Then another surprise came along when they wanted to have shower. The tap to switch the water flow to the shower was broken. So, they have to lay down to wash their body under the lower tap used to fill up the bathtub. And wait ... another surprise was that the drain was partly blocked too .... so they could not not open the tap widely to have proper washing.
Imagine ..... this happened in a hotel next to the biggest airport in Indonesia.
What a real nightmare.
Wish that you all reconsider to stay at this hotel brand.

Room Tip: Nothing to choose ... better to avoid it ...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Hotelranger
Reviewed July 11, 2013

There is nothing at all around this hotel and it's pretty expensive for what it is, but rooms are clean, staff is friendly, there's wifi and a shuttle to the airport. Fine for an easy early morning transfer to the airport, no other reason to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eric r
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at Amaris hotel in Bogor before and thought that Hatta Airport Amaris would keep a similar standard so I booked it for one night to catch our early morning flight to our next destination.
Their reception hall STANK so BAD probably from cigarette smoke and toilets. It made me sick. I requested a non smoking room, the first room stank quite bad so we moved room. The second was a little better. When I complained about the smell in the room the staff informed me that there are no non-smoking rooms in the hotel.
I wish their free shuttle to the airport had sufficient AC. We were all sweaty and almost toasted inside.
Avoid their breakfast at all cost. Look at the pictures how dirty their room where they serve breakfast. Dirties ever, smelly and filled with smoke. Ewwww. Never again.
Staff are friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank travelcupid09
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Very good for getting to the airport. Be sure to use their shuttle to avoid the hassle of a taksi. My room smelled pungently of mildew but looked clean. Breakfast is limited but palatable. Nothing to do in the area around the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank landtraveler32
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had been here twice this year. I really like this hotel and I will come back to stay here again next time if I must visit or transit in Jakarta. The staff absolutely really friendly and helpful. Some of them can speak English. I remember one genuine and beautiful lady in the front desk. The booked process also easy. They serve credit card paid. You can book the hotel room via email. This hotel really close to the airport. You can also book for airport transport pick up service for free. But don't expect private cool AC car. You will share with others. I took taxi which is more comfortable next time. Just ask front desk to help you book the taxi. I suggest to use Blue Bird taxi only in Jakarta. This company really recommended. The room pretty clean. unfortunately they don't serve food for western food. My fiance don't like the food. You can eat at the Padang Restaurant in the down stair or you can order for room service. The hotel still in the progress of developing so sometimes they make some noise. But when you already very tired from long trip, you can sleep where ever especially in clean and comfort bed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west part are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple