“A curious contradiction”

Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Tangerang
Melbourne, Australia
“A curious contradiction”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

As other reviewers have noted, this hotel has fabulous grounds with great facilities for a wide variety of sports, thanks to the adjoining country club to which hotel guests have free access.The swimming pool in particular is outstanding.
The hotel staff are friendly, there are several places to eat in the complex and all are pretty good. And there is an enormous mall 5 minutes walk away with an enormous range of places to eat, if you tire of the hotel.
The breakfast buffet, whilst not outstanding, would satisfy most guests and has a huge choice. Most room rates include breakfast.
What's not to like? The rooms. Tired decoration, ordinary furniture, and that was in a Signature Suite which allegedly has been modernised recently. The shower was over the bath, with a shower curtain. Not something I expected to find in this quality of hotel.
For all that, my room was clean and the bed was comfortable, The hotel as a whole was a resort that it was a pleasure to spend time in. My room was somewhere to sleep and nothing more.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for a Signature Suite. Devoid of character, and noisy aircon.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ivo K, Director of Rooms at Aryaduta Lippo Village, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Gringleblatt,

Thank you for taking your time for writing tripadvisor review.

We are please to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Also we have discussed with Department Heads concern and noted of your comments about our rooms.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you back to Hotel Aryaduta Lippo Village.

Ivo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The stay at this hotel gave me a sense of comfort. It was beautiful and well-maintained. It has a welcome touch to it and because it is also a country club, the facilities were great. I enjoyed most especially the walks on the property grounds.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ivo K, Director of Rooms at Aryaduta Lippo Village, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear tmadayag63,

Thank you for taking your time to write the experience of your last visit in Hotel Aryaduta Lippo Village. We're happy to know that you were enjoy it. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed 1 night during a weekend and took the cabana suite room.
Room is aging with the bathtub and bathroom wall peeling, definitely not 5-star worthy.
Highlight of the stay was the country club swimming pool with the slide, children playground, and jogging track, The fact that the hotel located in a very convenient area is also nice as there are a lot of outdoor cafes, restaurants, book stores and convenience stores within walking distance (i.e. Benton junction area).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Amaia22
Dear Amaia22,

Thank you for taking your time to write tripadvisor review. We are please to learn that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards with your comments of bathroom condition, we have discussed with our Executive Housekeeper and have followed it up.

Thank you and look forward to welcome you back in Hotel Aryaduta Lippo Village.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2014

this hotel sits on grounds that resemble a miniature botanical garden. there's a great pool and a kiddy pool so adults can relax in a more quiet environment. I loved the club house with their outdoor BBQ, the bar offers a good selection of beer, wine and booze... and a great bar lunch while listening to a live band. I was there on business two weeks in late January so it was raining on most days, I would return during the dry season for a vacation. The restaurant offers very good food and an above average breakfast. My only (so small deceptions) are that the rooms are starting to age and the walls are paper thin. You know exactly what's going on next door; bring ear plugs, otherwise a great place with nice restaurants and a mall near by. Top quality service from all the staff I came across.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
frank m, General Manager at Aryaduta Lippo Village, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Pierre B,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Tangerang. We are please to read that you have enjoyed your stay and are planning a return visit. Also, I like to thank you for taking the time sharing your experience on tripadvisor.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in Hotel Aryaduta Lippo Village
Naples, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Aryaduta has the feeling of a grand old lady, she must've been stunning in her prime but is a bit dated now. Luckily, the staff are fantastic and leave you wanting nothing. I had stayed for over 6 weeks for work and I must say that coming back almost 3 months later every person remembered my name. It was like coming home.
Every moment, from check in to check out, the staff is smiling and helpful. You will never grab a door for yourself, fill your own drink, or lack for anything. Aryaduta's people are just so attentive, cheerful, and genuinely friendly.
While the rooms are adequate, the facilities are wonderful. Country club/gym has any equipment you need from free weights, rower, spin bikes, yoga area, tennis and basketball courts, saunas, football field, badminton etc.
The pool is olympic size with a huge slide for kids, an island, Laguna Bar and is wonderful for lounging all afternoon. The grounds are tropical, cheery, and well kept. Several dining choices and locations on the property and it really is its own microcosm.
Frank, the GM, personally greets his clients and I noticed he develops first name relationships with each and every person. He went out of his way to accommodate myself and my work colleagues. Frank and his staff made my time in Jakarta easy, enjoyable and memorable. I highly recommend this hotel if you wish to get your money's worth and be treated with genuine respect, not just because it's "their job."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mark C,

I would like to that you for taking time writing your tripadvisor review.

It was a please having you staying with us again after the few months away from Lippo Village. We are all please you have again enjoyed our hospitality.

I hope your travel will again bring you to this area and that we will once again be able to welcome you.
Kupang, Nusa Tenggara Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I spent 1 night in my business trip last week and it's a pretty good stay I have to say.. first impressions that came into my mind was a very friendly and helpfull staff, great location, and stunning facilities..

The room is average imo.. I'm afraid I have to say that the old school looks of the room kinda gave me a creepy feelings.. and if you ask me then I gotta say that the price of the room is a little bit cross the line..

Other than that everything seems nice.. a good hotel and worth to visit..

• Stayed February 2014
Dear RadithyaJoenan,

I like to thank you for taking the time writing your tripadvisor review.

We are please to learn that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us. we have also noted your comments about our rooms. Maybe for your next visit you try our Signature rooms which have a different design.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope to be able to welcome you again
Singapore
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Lippo Village has a great environment and the hotel is just situated across a road from a shopping mall.

The hotel lobby is beautiful & the staff are very helpful. There's beautiful gardens and it is linked to the country club, which has a bigger pool with water slide. There's security checks to get into the hotel thus making us feel very safe. The room is big but definitely showing its age with the walls in the bathroom peeling. Other than that, it is relatively clean though the house keeping might want to pay a little more detail while cleaning the bathroom.

Breakfast at the restaurant offers quite a good spread and food are constantly being replenished.

We are very happy with our stay and will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
frank m, General Manager at Aryaduta Lippo Village, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear LizzyHo,

I would like to thank you for your tripadvisor review. We are please that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

As to your comments about our housekeeping team paying a bit more attention, we have discussed the same with our Executive Housekeeper and her team.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in Hotel Aryaduta Lippo Village in future.