“Escape from busy Jakarta”

Aryaduta Lippo Village
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Tangerang
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Escape from busy Jakarta”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is the perfect location to spend a weekend if you want to escape busy Jakarta. It's only a one-hour drive from Jakarta city centre. The food is very good, we had lunch, dinner and breakfast in the hotel. The staff is very friendly. The lagoon pool is a beautiful location for relaxation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJanssen1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The room is kept clean, it won't disappoint, although it has shown dated signs. It is also bright, literally. It might be because of the pastel color of the interior, or the many windows (I stayed in a corner room in 7th floor), the sunray makes the room cozy without frying it.

Breakfast comes with good variety, and served with humble service.

This might be an option for quick retreat/meeting in the outskirts of Jakarta besides Novotel Bogor. However, do keep in mind that the traffic back to Jakarta on weekday mornings or to this hotel on weekday nights, is horrible.

The plus is definitely the nearby Supermall Karawaci that you can reach within 3 minutes by walking. Even more plus is the fact that the nearby mall doesn't necessarily bring crowd to the area near hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms is quieter. Choose one facing the golf course instead of the hotel's front par...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Overall, the hotel is nice. If you ever have business in Karawaci, I think it's one of the best choice to stay in. The location is quite strategic. There is a huge mall just across the hotel, and the hospital is not far from reach. The service is nice, friendly and helpful hotel crews. The room hotel looks simple and clean, not that huge, and I kinda feel some homy atmosphere. When you step further inside, you'll find that they have 2 swimming pools. 1 is located nearby the lower lobby, and the other is just across the chinese restaurant which is nearby the country club. But don't worry, they put enough plants and other things between the restaurant and the pool to make sure that you can swim in a less "exposed" manner. To reach the 2nd swimming pool and the country club from the lower lobby, you'll have to walk through a (green) garden. There are some cottage as well in the garden. The ambiance is tranquil and fresh. The garden is covered with grass, trees, and flowers (especially orchid) with stone pathways that will lead you to your destination. Don't worry about getting lost, because they provide clear signs to show the directions. The food is okay, not so special and not much of variety, but not that bad either. Will I ever want to stay in this hotel again? Why not?

• Stayed April 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The Hotel Aryuduta is around a half hour drive from Soekarno-Hatto airport. The hotel organised a car pick up from the airport which was very convenient. The hotel itself is very good with friendly and accommodating staff. Rooms are well furnished although the bathrooms are a little dated but still very acceptable. There are a number of restaurant options in the hotel and the country club next door.
The country club is a real bonus with guests having access to the facilities which include a good quality gym and an excellent resort style swimming pool.
Across the road from the hotel is Karawaci Mall which is a large modern shopping mall with a seemingly endless number of food options (you can either risk crossing the busy road in between on foot or take a 2 minute taxi ride).
If you are doing business on this side of Jakarta, then this hotel is a good option.

• Stayed March 2012
Shanghai, China
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have been regularly staying at the Aryaduta for business reasons in the past few years. The rooms definitively need refurbishing - I hope they do it soon. The hotel is surrounded by lush green and has a country club adjacent. This is in my eyes the big bonus of this hotel: a very relaxing environment. I liked the gym in the club and spent one sunday at the pool there. The little bar made a good pizza and gave me toppings just as I wanted them even though my selection was not on the menu.

Breakfast is ok but nothing special, they could extend a little bit on modern healthy options. Breakfast service will break down if big groups are in (but it does at many hotels, doesn't it). As I stay there frequently there is one waitress who always remembers that I want a cafe latte in the morning. This is gorgeous! There is one bar RJ's which serves good bar food and has sometimes some pretty good bands. However the music is too loud. So enjoy the food and leave. My colleagues love the meat you grill yourselve on a hot stone. Side orders are of high quality.

Annoying is the internet access: No wireless in most of the rooms, only cable connection which is bad if you want to relax in bed while surfing and connecting with friends via internet. Who want's to sit on a table in the evening nowadays?

I can relate to one of the other reviews about reception service: Often somehow detached and very formalistic. Less smiles and less of a warm welcome then in other hotels. But I cannot complain about it: I have had far worse experiences.

Room Tip: Do not take the cheapest category, some of the rooms have a very ugly carpet. The corner suites are...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank minov
Reviewed November 22, 2011

2 weeks ago I got a chance to take a night here. The location is very strategic in Lippo Village, near shuttle bus, supermal karawaci, benton junction, hangout place, university and it is easy to access with.

I came from Jakarta so it was so easy to visit this hotel because it is too near to the shuttle bus terminal.

Some regulation administration like checking and photocopying my Identity Card and saved my money for mini bar deposit.
I checked in at Cabana Suite Room and was pretty excited because it's like a cottage house. 1 Living room, 1 big bedroom and a quite big bath room with shower room and bath tub.

The point of interest is we got an access to country club swimming pool and gym fitness to indulge and work out there for 2 adults and 2 children
the place is so a jungle lusciously heaven for relaxing.. Ahh just cant get enough of it..

Morning buffet was quite completed tho there been some missing point like running out beef sausages but oh well it didnt matter to me..

After checking out
we done and leaving happily..

1 week later I realized I lost my Identity Card
suddenly I remembered that oh well I forgot to take my Identity Card to the receptionist after I checked in or checked out. I got my phone and called them and yes my Identity Card still there and I should go to that hotel again!!

No! That was receptionist's fault, I just cant imagine after a one week got through and they still holding my Identity Card, they didnt even take a jingle initiative to try contact me or just bring that to my address??? Theyre not keeping my Identity Card to their files museum right?

So I ran to that hotel again from Jakarta and It was there. Just 2 minutes progression... Done deal!!
What done is done... They didnt even say a sorry or apologize word just smile and thank you...

Even after I checked in and walked to my room they didnt notice me my Identity Card and after when I was checking out?! Seriously?!

What the hell? Good old bye...

Room Tip: Try visit County Club by accessing with your paper room, it is so beautiful there
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Paris
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was stay at this hotel for company business trip. Surrounded by golf field and amazing tropical garden inside the hotel, the hotel located just outside of Lippo Village that is less crowded compared to Jakarta.

Arrive almost midnight, I was welcomed very well. The room is clean, and everything were seem in good working order. It is only on the second day I notice that the television channel was limited, and the remote was hardly to connect to the television.

I would expect better breakfast (or early breakfast in my case since I was stay during Ramadan month) course. Instead, the course was very limited as you will expect from the course on 3 star hotels. Maybe it was because the fact that it was not a really breakfast, but if the hotel said that they prepare early breakfast as replacement of normal breakfast, surely it was not an excuse.

Disappointed by the breakfast menu, however, I was amazed with the surrounding hotel garden once the morning was broken. It was an amazing garden as if you were stay just somewhere but not in Jakarta area. It was so green and very well designed garden, swimming pool, yard, and environment. If you stay with your family, I would sure that they will enjoy it very much.

Some pictures provided by previous travelers here is so true. The real is even better than the pictures.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungallow type. You will enjoy it better than reguler (I would say) hotel room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tangerang
Hotel Novotel Tangerang
Gambir
Aryaduta Jakarta
Aryaduta Jakarta
#60 of 464 in Jakarta

Been to Aryaduta Lippo Village? Share your experiences!