“What a treat!!”

Rockpool Cafe
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Buckie
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
aberdeenshire
“What a treat!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have just had a most enjoyable bistro night dinner at this restaurant in our tiny fishing village on the Moray Firth. The ambience, staff and standard of food would not have disgraced a major city. A pity bistro night comes round only once per month! Especially good were the local scallops in hazelnut butter which were the best I have ever tasted as was the halibut.
What a find in this culinary wilderness and 5 minutes up the road too! No excuse for lots of return visits!

• Visited October 2012
carrieCullen, Owner at Rockpool Cafe, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks very much for posting your review. It is our first Bistro evening one, so much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again.
Best wishes

Forres, United Kingdom
“A wonderful cafe/restaurant”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had lunch in the Rockpool a week ago and it was delicious. We live an hour away but it was so good we decided to come through again for coffee. We were a little late and ended up having coffee and lunch and once again it was a delightful experience - helpful, friendly and efficient service, and wonderful local food at a very reasonable price. We will certainly be regular visitors now.

• Visited October 2012
Thanks very much for you review and continued custom. It is much appreciated.
“Wonderful surprise in a wee fishing village”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was taken to the Rockpool by a friend from Buckie who brought me on a day trip from st Andrews. I wasn't expecting too much thinking it's a sleepy wee fishing village how good could it be, no sweeping generalisations ...much! On entrance it's a bright, modern but cosy café all whitewashed wooden panelling and wooden fish. It is waitress service but while we were up at the counter checking out the vast array of cakes we just gave our order to the friendly assistant at the counter. There were so many delicious looking homemade cakes to choose from it was difficult to make up my mind. I chose a slice of tea cake as i'm a sucker for fruit loaves and my friend chose a lush looking glitter frosted Baileys cream cup cake. Needless to say the cakes were polished of ,no even a crumb left! The coffees were excellent not bitter or overheated like you get in some places. I had a good look at specials n hot food on order n wished we'd come for lunch not afternoon coffee. I think next summer I'll be making my husband drive me the 3 hours and I will be having the Cullen skink and my fave potted prawns. Oh I doubt I will wait that long and I'll get some belly button softies from Buckie while i'm at it but that's a whole other review.

thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Rockpool. we are delighted that you enjoyed it so much and hope you make it back again to try out some of the lunch specials you mentioned. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
“A real gem”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We are regulars at Rocpool and have to say that it is our favourite coffee house in the area. Whether it be for a coffee and a big breakfast bap in the morning, a relaxed lunch or delicious cream tea in the afternoon, Rocpool is consistently fantastic. Bypass all the rest go for the best

thanks very much for posting such a great review on Rockpool and for your loyal custom. Its greatly appreciated.
Horsham, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome in Cullen”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We visited this charming cafe after reading some excellent reviews and were not disappointed! A warm and welcoming little gem of a cafe - so busy we had to wait for a table and it would have been worth waiting hours! My husband said it was the BEST Cullen Skink he's ever had, as was my tomato and basil soup ... And what generous portions. Then the sticky toffee pudding was
to-die-for especially with the delicious famous Cullen ice cream. Well worth our 300 mile trip. We will definitely return, though sadly not as often as we would wish. Every seaside town should have a Rockpool Cafe!

• Visited October 2012
thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and such a positive one too! Really glad you enjoyed your lunch with us, its so helpful to hear feedback from our customers as we try very hard to please and give our customers the best quality food and service that we can. When we get reviews like yours it gives us such a boost and makes all the hard work seem worthwhile.
Thank you again.