“Good recovery and worth the wait”
Review of Whispers

Whispers
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Father's day morning, very busy as you would expect, but when we'd been stood at the counter for over 5 minutes with 3 staff rushing by and what appeared to be deliberately avoiding eye contact, I was mentally writing a bad review and set to stomp out, cutting my nose of despite my face no matter how hungry I was... However..... a gentle 'be patient' nudge from my husband led to a very very tasty bite to eat and a very decent cup of coffee for not a lot of money.

As it turns out, they were just rushed off their feet and when a 4th staff member appeared with enough smiley customer service for all of them, all was forgiven.

Lovely little place and clearly full to the brim of returning local customers.

Worth the wait...

5  Thank Katielaa

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Great food, fab service - eaten in and also take away. Very friendly staff and always fresh produce. I recommend this place to friends wanting to catch up over lunch, people wanting to collect a takeaway working lunch-a very accommodating place. It also has a delightful shabby chic area for browsing!

5  Thank Simoneila
Reviewed May 23, 2014

On holidays from Australia we chanced upon this restaurant on our travels, had a late breakfast 'The full English'... absolutely delicious. The staff were both friendly and professional a rare combination these days.

4  Thank Resarf35
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We love this tea room and totally disagree with one of the previous reviewers. We used to use it when it was Burdfields and it was terribly cold with hit and miss food (although the lady running it was lovely!). My youngest son was once violently sick here once after drinking a chocolate milkshake and he's NEVER ill normally.
Now we use it at least once a week and the cakes are to die for. The girls serving especially I think Gemma are lovely - very friendly and bubbly.
Also the prices are very reasonable. Looking forward to trying a breakfast or lunch one day soon.
Keep it up - definitely the best tea room in Billy!

4  Thank TicklePulborough
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were in Billingshurst on business and asked someone where we could get a decent cup of coffee and a lunch...they recommended Whispers....well, we can recommend Whispers too...brilliant sandwiches and cakes and cheery staff. There's a sort of gift shop/antique shop attached that goes quite well with the whole ambience...if we're ever in Billingshurst agin we'll go back...!

3  Thank Freddy22