“Very impressed”

Billy's On The Road
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a busy roadside cafe on the A29 just north of Billingshurst. All day breakfast and brunches a speciality, but lots of favourites too - home made burgers, spaghetti with Polpetti, our very own Welsh rarebit recipe, toasties, delicious cakes to go with afternoon teas. We have an ever changing specials board offering a selection of dishes from around the world all prepared on site by Billy, perfect for lunch and supper. Fast fresh and fun, and as one customer said - not what you would expect from an ex Little Chef restaurant. We now have opened our sister restaurant, Billys on the Beach in Bracklesham Bay just south of Chichester.
Dorking, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very impressed”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I visited Billy's on the Road for the first time on Saturday lunch time. Could not fault anything, we were shown to a table immediately and supplied with a menu. The breakfast was enjoyed by my husband and the omlette was one of the best I have had for a very long time. My husband made the comment about his meringue, cream, strawberries and raspberry pud as being "out of this world", this in itself is a great recommendation from one man who knows his puds.

We both commented on how clean and pleasant everything looked. When my husband paid we were both surprised at the price charged and checked to make sure nothing had been left off as it was very reasonable as in other places we have paid more for less food and definitely not of the same quality.

To sum up we will back and sooner rather than later.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank shadowboy1

• Turkish first
Billingshurst, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Breakfast”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have visited a few times for breakfast. Coffee was top notch, and the breakfast was perfect. not sure what the negative views are about, but i have always found it very good. if Little Chef had been like this, they would not have gone broke.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark L
Elmer
“Attack by "Don't Bother”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Having reviewed 'Billy's On The Road' following its fledgling incarnation, I was shocked and disappointed to read 'Don't Bother', (31 May 2014).

Could this possibly be the same 'Billy's on the Road' I reviewed so favorably back in March 2013?

Of course it is....Billy's is going strong but this appalling review is something else... Some sort of agenda going on here? This is where Trip Advisor falls down by allowing unwarranted reviews to taint enterprising young businesses.

The review is SO bad, I'm surprised hlbfolks got out of Billy's alive.

In the real world, if the experience is as bad as hlbollocks makes out, rather than anonymous 'Attack by Tripadvisor', a more considerate approach would be speak to the manager face to face and address the problems in person.

On the strength of this ghastly review I revisited Billy’s last week and am happy to report smiling staff, tasty toast and spotless cutlery!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank johnaerial
West Sussex
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We like to take the family out to breakfast on occasion, but we were disappointed with the breakfast received here when we visited. My 11 year old son wanted to order the full English which looked good, but asked politely if he could swap a particular item for an extra piece of bacon/ sausage - not an unreasonable request. However our waiter said that this would be extra. I didn't really understand why they felt it was acceptable to charge full price for breakfast and then charge extra. Unfortunately despite querying this with our waiter - there was no alternative. The whole service was dreadfully slow - right through from waiting to order until the bill arriving. Breakfast itself was ok, although I felt it was a little overpriced for what was received generally. We initially ordered tea, coffee and hot chocolate and later on the waiter asked if we would like any more drinks. We thought an orange juice would be nice, so we ordered 4. The orange juice was freshly squeezed which was nice, but my daughter doesn't do 'bits' so wasn't particularly enjoyed by her. This would've been fine but when the bill arrived the orange juice total alone came to £14. When we questioned it, they had presumed that we wanted freshly squeezed and large glasses. As we didn't have the menu at the time of ordering we didn't know the options or costs and the waiter had not clarified these choices at any point. We were very disgruntled as in total our bill came to just over £50 - service not included. It was an awful lot to spend when the experience was so disappointing, the food average, and the service slow and unhelpful. We haven't been back since.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank ButtercupWestSussex
Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Strength to strength ”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Thought it was time I submitted something, I eat here on a regular basis, and I pleased to say this restaurant is going from strength to strength, when billy's opened it was fair to say that it was a thinly disguised little chef, but that was then, now they serve really good home cooked style food, would recommend all the specials, latte coffee is great too, staff friendly and attentive, keep up the good work, looking forward to the next step :-)

3 Thank Johno L