“Great local business doing super food”

Billy's On The Road
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a busy roadside cafe on the A29 just north of Billingshurst. All day breakfast and brunches a speciality, but lots of favourites too - home made burgers, spaghetti with Polpetti, our very own Welsh rarebit recipe, toasties, delicious cakes to go with afternoon teas. We have an ever changing specials board offering a selection of dishes from around the world all prepared on site by Billy, perfect for lunch and supper. Fast fresh and fun, and as one customer said - not what you would expect from an ex Little Chef restaurant. We now have opened our sister restaurant, Billys on the Beach in Bracklesham Bay just south of Chichester.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am lucky enough to live close to Billy's, which has taken over a very shabby ex Little Chef building and turned it into a great local cafe and restaurant. The bright, colourful exterior is matched by a light and clean interior. Friendly faces greet you and you have a choice of sitting at a normal table or at the massive Train table. Newspapers are available for the lone traveller. I have had several different options from the breakfast menu including a spicy breakfast with avocado and cheese, smoky breakfast of haddock and poached egg and veggie breakfast. All totally delicious. Then, I decided to treat myself to macaroni cheese - this was one of the best mac and cheese dishes I have ever eaten. Creamy and delicious, with a nice side salad of tomatoes and onions to counteract the richness of the mac. Top marks for serving good quality, home made and scrumptious food. The cakes look amazing and there are all sorts of options for children, small eaters, etc. They deserve every success for bringing this drab old place to life.

1  Thank tatmeister

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our family have eaten at Billy's several times and find it caters really well for all ages. Eleven members of our family had lunch there today and the ages ranged from 2 years to 85 years and everyone enjoyed their meal. The staff are very friendly and helpful and our seven year old grandson rates the cowboy breakfast his favorite meal anywhere.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We didn't realise how hungry we were until we ordered lunch at Billy's on the road. The burger was tasty, and the relish worked well with it. Husband had the chicken satay, and scrapped the plate clean with the remains of my burger bun! Would not hesitate to recommend this diner to anybody.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

great spot and friendly staff with freshly cooked food.
great place for all day breakfasts hope to visit again soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I go here when I am working in the area to get a good breakfast start to my day. Never disappoints with the large breakfast, well cooked, tasty and not greasy.
Staff are friendly and the service is good.