“So cosy”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We came here for lunch one afternoon. The reason as we drove passed jt the night before and was absolutely heaving. So we decided to pop in the next day. We both had jacket potatoes and they were sooo delicious!! We sat by the fire so was lovely and warm would definitely recommend this pub and the lady who served us was so friendly!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

A perfect pub - the sort you'd want to take Americans to, to show them the best of British life - even still has a bar billiards table! No music which was great - just the hum of people chatting. The food was very good. Fantastic chips, which I stole from my husband's ham, egg and chips! Soft in the middle and crispy on the outside and I can thoroughly recommend the green Thai chicken curry. Freshly made and full of flavour. Excellent Merlot at the perfect temperature and very good and friendly service. Perhaps the food was a wee bit on the pricey side but the plates were empty at the end of our meal so absolutely no waste!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great country pub, nice landlord, good bar staff, great food will be going back.took the whole family all happy very good.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Came in ordered a nice sav and half a pint of very nice London pride. Ordered 1 beef and 1 pork Sunday roast. Well the quickest service I think that I have ever had. Hit the spot and 5 different veg. Pots 2 different ways. Can't fault it.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We recently had a Sunday lunch here with friends, and our baby. I'm glad that we booked, as it did seem to get full. Really good service, and enjoyed the food. I thought the duck dish that I had was lovely. We will definitely try it again one evening.