“What a find”

Cuisines: Argentinean, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

After driving through the center of Puerto Rico (very much off the beaten path) without finding any reasonable looking place to stop for lunch we came across the Hacienda MariBo. It was perfect. The sun was getting low in the sky, so overlooking the hills from the wrap around porch was just beautiful. We just wanted a light bite and a drink, so we ordered various empanadas and grilled sausage as tapas. The sausage was particularly good. Very good food for the price, but the real treat was the drink. My husband wanted to order a specialty drink - after finding a waiter who spoke English he settled on "The Secret" of the house - a huge goblet filled with a drink resembling a strawberry daiquiri with some additional liquors included and two beer bottles upended in the goblet! Very unique and actually pretty tasty on a hot day. From there we drove south towards the coast and then Northeast returning to San Juan to watch the sun setting in the moutains as we drove through. A great afternoon.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Location of this restaurant is remarkable: on top of hill overlooking green mountains during daytime or an impressive nightscape if you go in the evening. But food is what they offer with an Argentinian twist. Owners were there and welcoming in my three visits for dinner. Service was attentive and reasonably punctual and courteous. What I sampled and liked? Most, not everything, in their parrillada. Morcillas, beef not pork types, were excellent. Portions of skirt beef, poultry and ribs were flavorful but tough. Their red beans were delicious ( with white rice, as usual), and the mofongo's taste was on the bland side ( the portion was large ). Liked the detail of leaving beer bottles in a bucket of ice to keep them cold. Tried the "dulce de leche" dessert and it was a delightful treat. So, is Maribó restaurant worth a trip to Adjuntas? Yes. By all means. Road is good, parking is not a hassle, owners attitude is the right one, being there, in the verandah with a majestic view, listening to live jazzlike music, having a good time with close friends or family while eating a good meal, in my book that means a lot. Cannot state it is a gastronomical event but the sum of the relaxing experience is bigger than its food related parts.

1  Thank Infinitegusto
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I went to Hacienda Maribó on December. Let me start by saying that the view and serenity of a Sunday night at Hacienda Maribó will definitively see me coming back. We were a group of 9 adults and were seated at one of the corner tables. The waiter delivered the menus and provided suggestions, he provided many suggestions on wines even let me tried one of them before deciding on that one. As usual in many restaurants the drinks are on the overprice side but at least in terms of wines they do have variety. I’m not a fan of red meat and of course this is an Argentinian restaurant so red meat abound however there was something for everyone, I ended up with the parrillada (?) which is the plate that contains different varieties of meat cuts and even Argentinian morcilla. It was good and a plate that could easily be shared. I tried some mofongo and it was tasty just make sure if you order one ask for a description of how they prepare it as some people like their mofongos with sauce other people without and is just better to ask and know ahead of time what are you getting. In addition they had live soft music which was really nice. Overall we had good service and my party was satisfied.

1  Thank silarem
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a argentine steakhouse type restaurant with a Puerto Rican flare. The atmosphere is great try to get a table on the open veranda, portions are large (you can split an entree), service is great, very attentive waiters, but the best is the sunset views over the mountains. The restaurant is a short drive through the mountains out of Ponce, the drice is scenic and on main roads. Rservations are advised.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I'm not joking about the helicopter landing site! So if you're in a helicopter, call in and you can fly in for lunch or dinner! My boyfriend and I had dinner on a week night. We ordered 2 different chicken dishes and both dishes were excellent. The chicken was tender and had the texture of "free-range" and "organic." Although it wasn't called that, I wouldn't be surprised if it were based on the local environment. The restaurant was also very accommodating, from our seating location, the volume of the music and giving us a server who spoke fluent English. Our server (also our bartender), Edward, was awesome. He made excellent drinks and was so nice even though my boyfriend mistakenly kept calling him by a different name. Can't say enough about this place!