“Great place to relax and enjoy nature”

Parador Villas Sotomayor
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Adjuntas
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed with my american boyfriend who came running from a 4 degree weather in his home state and he loved it! The place is located in the heart of Adjuntas (take PR10 and then PR123) where lowest temperatures can get to high 50s, low 60s which is pretty nice. The staff is very friendly, attentive and they all speak Spanish and English. The hotel consists of villas of different sizes that are equipped with a coffee maker, microwave, small refrigeratior, a/c (athough you won't need it), water heater and tv with satellite tv. Each villa is kept very clean and has their own hammock which is great to relax and/or take a nap while enjoying the soft breeze of the mountains. At night there's little to no noise and the bed mattress is almost like a memory foam, so you will sleep like a baby. They have a restaurant called Las Garzas with a Spanish & English translated menu that has reasonable prices (up to $17 on a lunch/dinner plate; up to $10 on breakfast). The food you get is worth the price 'cause it's both tasty and comes in big amounts. You can rent horses or bikes, I chose the horses to do with my boyfriend. They take you through a paved trail and then down some small hills. The horses are well behaved and a guide goes with you the whole time but you have to sign a paper relieving the hotel from some liabilities if you don't follow their safety rules. Overall it's a great place and I extremely recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CiciZe
There are newer reviews for Parador Villas Sotomayor

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'm a local, I visited for 3 days with my husband. The employees were very nice, attentive and friendly. The room was nice, comfortable bed and bathroom. The quietness of the mountains, the cool breeze and the green areas were all we hope for. Last day of our stay we woke up late and breakfast was until 10:30, we made it at 11:00 and, so we ask for breakfasts and they re-open the kitchen just for us, by the way is really great prices for a hotel. Overall, we would recommended it and most defiantly come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SeaVenturesP
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I recommend Villas de Sotomayor if you want to escape from the city for a couple of days to relax. Great service and nice facilities just in the center of PR. We stayed 2 nights and had a great time. Don't miss Casa Pueblo/Bosque escuela at Adjuntas, Lago Dos Bocas at Utuado and Star Light Rest. at Adjuntas (Cheap and delicious)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LaPulgaViajera
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I wanted to getaway from the city for a few days. I chose Villas Sotomayor and WOW!!! The place is just medicine for the soul. I rested, ate (very well!) slept, read my favorite book. One of the many things I enjoyed was listening to the sound of the trees as the refreshing mountain breeze caressed them. I read my book while resting in my cozy hammock! Staff is great and very helpful. I bought the package that included the meals, and what a feast I had. Their food is just DELICIOUS!!! I came back transformed into a very happy (not grouchy) relax person. The mountains must have done some magic! So, if you want to really connect with nature and feel better on the inside, go to villas sotomayor for a few days. This is a magical place...if you love the peace & quiet of the mountains and the tranquility of the country~side....

Room Tip: Ask for the units at the center/middle of this parador!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Lani P
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for twice. We had a great experience. The area is excellent to relax and breath fresh air. This is a family oriented place, but also a great place for couples. Damaris and Luz both frontclerks were helpful. You have to eat at the restaurant and eat "Mofongo" if you are a group ask for the "Mofongo Grande" made with 12 plantains....it is huge!!! You can visit the river whic is walking distance and if you want to see the town, take the tour but request the owner of the hotel to be your guide "Jun" he is a true "jibaro" and humble men. They still have 4 small rooms that are going to be remodeled. Cant wait to go with my wife again!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank juanparamedicpr
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stay at three hotels during my stay and Villas Sotomayor was the cheapest and by far the best of all the hotels visited. The villas are very cleaned, the bed mattresses are almost new, if not brand new. The "parador" is kind of tucked away. Could benefit from additional signage and if you are not familiar with the area don't venture to arrive after dusk. I got lost the first night that arrive and was forced to stay in Ponce. Service is very friendly. And is a great place if you are touring the Ponce area. You could listen to the Coqui (native toad) singing at night. And each villa has a hammock hanging on the porch.You would not get this at big hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Bella M
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife decided to spend a weekend away from the rush of the city and we couldn't made a better selection. If you're looking for luxury, this is not your place. Although if what you want is a beautiful connection with nature, a place to relax a 100%, the perfect spot to recharge your batteries, this is the PERFECT place!! Only one suggestion, a security officer on a golf car doing some surveillance at night. Everything is so quiet and alone at night by the cabins area that might get kinda scary! Besides that, cleanliness, personal service, food (huge amounts) was perfect! Will most likely be back soon! Special Thanks to Damaris, Luz at reception and the ladies at Las Garzas Restaurant that made our kiddo enjoy every minute!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Ulises_Borrero
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adjuntas
Hotel Parador Guanica 1929
Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino
Hyatt Place Manati
Hyatt Place Manati
#1 of 1 in Manati

Been to Parador Villas Sotomayor? Share your experiences!