“I was so impressed I gave them a Tripadvisor Sticker”

La Cantina Del Vino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Farnham Common is situated between the M4 and the M40 on the outskirts of London. A typical village over the recent years it has developed and has a large throughput of vehicles in the area. Over the years I have visited most restaurants and pubs in the area. I have found a real gem of a place in La Cantina.

I had the lamb shank, with their wine of the month. The Wine was an Italian Red. The Lamb was cooked top perfection. The sauce and mash were simply perfect. The bottle of red wine was at its peak and ripe for drinking. It was approc £22.00 for the bottle but worth every drop. The lamb was tender and in plenty. The service was good, and attentive. Bookings would be advisable although I did not book. Weekday lunches are cheaper and are on a deal of some sort. It is highly recommended and I will defintiely go back again... I was so impressed I told the manager and gave him my first Tripadvisor sticker for the front door. Well done to all staff at the La Cantina.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I recently celebrated a big birthday at this lovely restaurant, they catered for 18 of us very well, food all arriving at the same time. Very good value the £14.50 lunch menu too. Will definatley be returning in the future

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The only local restuarant I have willingly revisited for many a year.
4 of us dinedlast night , with starters ranging from Garlic prawns , scallops and crab-all looked very attractive on the plate and were devoured in seconds.
Mains of butterfly seabass, Lobster Liguine,Veal with a small selection of veg ---- again appealing on the plate and eaten with gusto.
No real room for pudding.
Service very attentive, although they do try the old trick of pouring wine so quickly that you need a second bottle almost before you have started the first. Wine list very comprehensive, just wish i knew more about Italian wine. Look out-they charge £3.50 for still water so insist on Tap water.
Cost -not cheap but excluding wine it worked out £35 a head.
We will return the food is just so good.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our first visit here was a revelation,why had we not been before.
There are two restaurants in the chain,the other in Marlow,which is shown on trip as being in Farnham as well.
After making a booking we rang on the evening to change the time and this was dealt with in the most charming and helpful way. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and offered a choice of table.
The wine list ,whilst not cheap is extensive and requires a look of study. I chose a Sicilian red that was outstanding.
Starters very very impressive and clearly made with care and skill .
Our mains of wild boar, and my wife's lobster/pasta rated as highly as any meal we have had anywhere in last 10 yrs.
Service throughout excellent as was the offer of a post dinner drink.
The cost was £90 without wine but worth every penny.
We will return many times.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

........ food , service and ambience on the many times we have been there - it is far and away the best italian ( sicilian ?) restaurant in the area