“Good curry, but meat quality in lamb dish was not that great”

Memories of India - Farnham Common
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Situated in leafy Farnham Common in Slough, Memories of India has won the hearts of local curry connoisseurs by creating an authentic Indian experience with a contemporary twist. The restaurant is an elegant but relaxed space, with subtle lighting and well-spaced tables ��� perfect for intimate dinners and low-key lunches with friends and colleagues. In the kitchen, their award-winning chef uses fresh spices and traditional recipes to ensure each dish tastes just as it would in Bombay. The extensive menu features classic tandoori dishes, biryanis, delicious vegetarian dishes and a host of familiar favourites. We recommend the green chicken curry ��� a fiery Goan dish made with onion, tamarind, mint, coriander and green chilies. For great food, friendly staff and a laid-back vibe; Memories of India is hard to beat.
Bucks
“Good curry, but meat quality in lamb dish was not that great”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stopped by for a quick curry early on a Saturday evening. As we were tight for time we just had a main course, so can't comment on the starters.
We had a Lamb Pathil and Green Chicken curry + black lentils, rice and bread. All tasted really good and the meat dishes were hot and spicey. The lamb in the pathil was chewy though and had gristly bits in places. The green curry was good, and as black lentils are one of our favourites, that went down well.
Would we go back? If in the area, then yes, but we would not make a special trip for it, and we would not order a lamb dish (although perhaps that was just a batch of chewy lamb, and others may find a better experience).
Also, we were eating early and the restaurant was very quiet - however, when we left at around 7.15, it was completely empty - and this was a Saturday night. So, although the interior was nice enough, it felt as though there was little atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank RandCChes

London
“Apalling”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had booked to dine in the restaurant and unusually our popadum starters were a little bit stale. We had not complained about this but when the waiter cleared our table I mentioned to him that the popadums should be checked.

Our food arrived nearly an hour after ordering and we noted the restaurant was not busy. Many parts of the order were cold and we informed the waiter about this. Rather than feeling empowered to deal with the problem he called the manager, Mr Alam, to speak to us. My husband and I explained a lot of the food was cold but we were not willing to wait another hour for our food. There were no apologies and he said it would not take another hour for the food to arrive. He said the reason our food was delayed was that there was another order ahead of us. Clearly the kitchen is minimally staffed as there were only 5 tables occupied in the restaurant! I said we cannot stay awaiting a new order and he had the gall to suggest that we leave but pay for our bottle of beer and glass of wine! We said that this was unacceptable and Mr Alam said to my husband "Get out of my restaurant or I will hit you in the face". I suggested that he call the police if that was how he felt and then we could our dispute. My husband made other customers aware of this threat as we felt extremely victimised. The manager continued to repeat "Get out of my restaurant" again and again. I explained to him that we have been regular customers of the Indian restaurant for three years and the Thai restaurant since it has opened. I was shocked by his conduct and asked my husband to leave without further embarrassment. We obviously did not have our meal.
The manager declined to give me any way to contact the owners of the restaurant.

I am horrified by the way we were treated and will obviously never eat food from either of the restaurants in Farnham Common again. I have never met this manager before but he clearly has no concept of customer service.

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Sabeena Q
Slough, United Kingdom
“Takeaway ordered”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I visited this place to collect some takeaway. When we walked in the staff were firendly and polite and decor pleasant. The food not so good This was our first experience, and I can say with confidence that we will never order from this place again. I have been to many indian resturants in and around the Slough area, and this place is probably one of the worst for food quality. I specifically requested for my food to be spicey, the lamb was in no way spicey in fact it was on par with a korma. My husband who also ordered lamb, had to wade through the oil before finding the lamb. If you appreciate good Indian food, then please do yourself a favour and stay clear.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Deen A
uk
“Never had a bad meal”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant quite a few times and have always had a great meal, take aways & delivery always good as well and very quick service

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank mitch1472
berks
“Memories were not made of this.”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Bland food, over priced, average resturant at best, one to avod.

• Visited December 2011