My partner and I were caught in severely bad weather whilst out walking. We could go no further and pitched up at this hotel at 11am on a Sunday to ask if we could shelter there whilst waiting for a taxi. We were drenched through to the skin, cold and dripping everywhere. We didn't expect the welcome we got:
The staff went beyond the call of duty to ensure we were taken care of - warm towels were provided to dry our hair, a hairdrier was offered, a fire was lit and hot coffee arrived at the speed of light. Nothing was too much trouble. We weren't guests, we looked a mess and the staff had no obligation to us. However, their kindness and hospitality was truly outstanding. I cannot thank them enough.
By the way - I had a look in the public rooms and thought they were very warm, cosy and well-furnished. Next time we're walking in this area, we will definitely stay over at this lovely little hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can find us in Embleton, a lovely quiet coastal village 5 minutes from the fabulous Northumberland Coastline. Great walks from the hotel will take you to fabulous sandy bays, castles and cosy pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunstanburgh Castle Alnwick
- Hotel Dunstanburgh Castle