Six of us altogether had a family get together and Sunday lunch at this hotel.On arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly The hotel immaculately clean if maybe a little dated - think 1970's but in a good way. After we were shown to our table the service was superb, efficient friendly and promt. First courses arrived quickly after ordering and getting our drinks. A few of us had had soup which was excellent and freshly made, it was a very generous portion ( be warned if you don't have a big appetite)with extra rounds of bread offered as we munched our first basket, once we finished plates and table were cleaned away then the Main courses arrived piping hot and again generous portions of Beef, Lamb and Free range chicken, accompanied by three large bowls of assorted Veg which we could not eat all before us. The meal again was excellent, the veg meat and yorkshires all excellent ( My wife had a slightly overdone yorkshire pudding which she pointed out to the head waiter - it was whisked away and replaced, and no feeling that anything we could say or ask was to much bother). Once the main course was pushed down we ordered the puddings Oh the puddings - sticky toffee puddings some with cream some with custard one with custard, ice cream and cream !!, massive portion of the five we all agreed it to be the best sticky toffee pudding you have ever eaten - and yes I've eaten them all - Cartmel's included this was better - it was light but full of flavour, steaming hot, fresh and satisfying and the perfect end to a wonderful meal. ( My wife had a lemon posset - which she also said was excellent). I have to say Living 15 miles from this Hotel I had always passed it bye - I have eaten at so many local bars, pubs and restaurants and this one is right up their with the best. I will certainly be back as will most of my relatives who live quite some distance away. Oh as a foot note. This is one of the few places I have eaten at in The Embelton, Newton, Craster - Alnmouth and Lesbury area where the prices have not been hiked up to London prices> the meals remain fairly priced for huge portions and quality where the veg is not charged as a £ 3.50 extra. I really would recommend this one Only Fault i could give if its a fault is the dining room and bar area are a little dated in style but I suppose very traditional of the time period it was designed, It was very clean, toilets immaculate and decor all well painted and maintained. So six of us give it a thumbs up excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can find us in Embleton, a lovely quiet coastal village 5 minutes from the fabulous Northumberland Coastline. Great walks from the hotel will take you to fabulous sandy bays, castles and cosy pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunstanburgh Castle Alnwick
- Hotel Dunstanburgh Castle