“Great food - need attention to service”
Review of Grovefield House

Grovefield House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good location with Huntswood Golf course opposite and fishing facility near hotel as they can park in hotel car park in the front and walk through. Seems very popular.
Rooms are nice and spacous, comfortable.
Hotel in large ground but except in front garden that was done very pretty (for weddings),the rest is just a vast piece of ground with trees bordering the perimeter, could have been amazing with such a lot of ground to work with.
Nice cosy lounge and bar to have drinks before dinner. Except the beverage/restaurant manager who was professional, the other staff seemed to be happy to stand around and not been trained up properly.
However, the food standard was high and very reasonablely priced which made up for the service.
On the whole, very good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie F
Management response:Responded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and the hotel itself and I will certainly meet with our F & B team to discuss some additional training to the team.
Thank you again and I hope we will see you in the future.

Emma Beddall

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I treated my mum to a night away at this hotel and it was fantastic.I booked the Autumn special which included pre-dinner canapes, a glass of prosecco, three course meal and a full cooked breakfast for two. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and the food was absolutely delicious. The hotel is in a brilliant location to visit Windsor or London. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend. This hotel is a hidden gem!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Management response:Responded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

I hope we will see you again soon as Classic Lodges have all sorts of wonderful offers over the year which are really great value, so I hope you will be able to experience some of the others.
kindest regards

Emma Beddall .

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I attended the Design Day on 7th October 2013 as an exhibitor and speaker and was impressed with the impeccable service we received from the hotel staff. Set up was made easy and relaxed and all requests were dealt with promptly with attention to detail. The refreshments provided were delicious and kept us going throughout a busy and enjoyable day. Thank you to all the staff!
Amarita Vargas
www.amaritavargas.com

Management response:Responded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback, the design day was excellent and I hope we will be able to host another.
Emma

Reviewed October 10, 2013

It is my first time ever I write a review and I do it with a great pleasure! My husband and I were lucky to find this hotel for our wedding day after long and exhausted search. Wedding coordinator Stacey was very proactive and responded to my initial e-mail shortly and offered to view the hotel at our earliest convenience. It rang the bell to me that they are very professional and caring as from previous experience I found that some other wedding venues could put us on waiting list up to two month just to see their premises.

From the first time we arrived to the Grovefield House Hotel we both had a warm feeling and felt ourselves relaxed. The Hotel has 2 choices of suits/reception rooms for the small and bigger occasions. We have been keen to have our ceremony in a smaller room and evening reception in a bigger room, which was absolutely acceptable by the hotel as they don't carry on two events at the same day.

We had complimentary menu tasting and it was difficult to make a decision on the menu for our reception as both sets of meal we had was so tasty, unusual and different from each other. It was nice of Chef to come along to ask us a feedback and listen what we particularly liked/disliked. He then helped us to set up our own menu by taking our the most favourite pieces from one set of menu and combining it with another set of menu ( subject to compatibility).

We had a lot of help from Stacey and Kelly ( another coordinator ), who organised our wedding just in 2 months time and all our guests were surprised how relaxed I was at our big day. I knew that I am in the safe hands and I was right, as the day and evening went smoothly and as we planned. John Talker ( Master of Ceremony ) and ALL the rest of the Team was very friendly, flexible and made us feel very welcome. We appreciate that staff was honest with us and returned expensive camera which was left overnight on the patio table by my brother-in-law.

Our family & friends also liked the Hotel very much and told us that it was a good choice. The rooms are specious ( including standards ones) with the big beds and easily can fit families ( we had some guests with one or two kids). The rooms are spotless, has updated furniture and selected with taste in classy style.

The garden is huge and nicely kept. We spent a lot of time outside, enjoying the sunshine, countryside fresh air and kids just loved it as it gave them more freedom to run around.
The hotel layout is smartly planned and gives a privacy for other guests staying in the hotel as well as guests of the event.

Stephen and Regina
Wedding was on the 10th of August 2013

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are the same size as the standards but situated on the quieter side of the hotel which...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Congratulations.

Thank you for your really wonderful feedback this does mean such a lot to the team and I will ensure that they all see this. I hope we will see you again soon.
Kindest regards
Emma Beddall

Reviewed October 9, 2013

A quick few words of thanks to the staff at Grovefield House for hosting the excellent Design Day event on 7th October. The organisation was flawless and the service impeccable. Any last minute changes were dealt with calmly and professionally.

Big thumbs up to everyone there.

Nicky Bryden, ClearPlan Project Management Ltd.

Management response:Responded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your note. The design day exhibition was really great and we certainly hope to host another.
Many thanks Emma

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was an exhibitor/speaker at a design day at the Grovefield House hotel and thoroughly recommend it. Staff were visible and very helpful during set up. Once the event had started, they were discreet, but always on hand. Can't wait to go back for a social occasion.

Management response:Responded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted that the day was good for you as this was the first time we have held such an exhibition and yes it would be lovely to see you here on a weekend relaxing break.

Emma

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I were married at the Grovefield on Saturday 28th September. From the moment we made the booking Stacey was on hand to help us and was wonderful in answering the dozens of questions we had. On the day the entire team were great - special thanks to Stuart for his perfect management of the day - and thanks to Kelly and Emma too. The staff are highly professional and at the same time very warm, we really felt that it was important to them that our day was special. The food was exceptional and our guests really enjoyed it. We are so grateful to the team at the Grovefield for making our day absolutely perfect.
Jenny and Andrew Dart

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded October 18, 2013

Congratulations Thank you for your lovely feedback and we sincerely hope to see you again soon.
Kindest regards
Emma and the Grovefield Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Grovefield House? Share your experiences!