“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burnham Beeches Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at the burnham beeches over Easter and had a great time and would definitely return. The pool area was spotlessly clean and most of the time we had it to ourselves. The food was absolutely fabulous and I even got my 12 year old to eat the spinach soup which she loved - a miracle!!! Rooms were very clean and comfortable and bath robes and slippers great for popping to pool. Overall an excellent relaxing stay. Just what we were looking for.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Holiday13swest
Kate G, Sales & Marketing Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic review.
I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your Easter break, and how relaxing you found the hotel, particularly our leisure facilities.
We are very proud of our food here at Burnham Beeches and it is great to hear that our menus feature something for everybody!
Your lovely comments have been passed on to all departments and we hope you will visit the hotel again soon.
Kind Regards,
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My family stayed for two nights if you have the possibility to stay you must the grounds are beautiful the staff are so helpful and children are welcomed. The food is good and the hotel has plenty of space to relax. Yes I agree the hotel does need updating and unfortunately we were only able to use the swimming pool once as the other time it had been closed. My suggestion would be better signpost is needed when travelling by car and more facilities for kids. I enjoyed my stay with my family and again the staff are extremely accommodating. We used a groupon voucher.
Yolanda

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Iolanda V
Kate G, Sales & Marketing Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, and had such a relaxing break.
We have taken on your feedback and hope you will visit again soon.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Let me start by saying the staff here are fantastic, everyone we met over a period of 4 days were polite, friendly and extremely attentive!

The whole place looks spectacular from the outside but the rooms could do with some modernisation, I was in a Superior Double (I think) but I failed to find the superiority with the room... Shower was a disappointment too, fixed to the wall :(

Breakfast was nice with a wide choice and great sausages, lunch and dinner was another let down, the silver service simply felt tacky especially when the food was revealed, dry and tasteless.

The hotel does offer free wifi throughout however you will be lucky to get connected as the quality is shocking.

We will not be returning to this place again and for the price there are much better hotels in the Bucks area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

The service in this hotel is second to none. I am now a regular guest and really enjoy staying here. It's a beautiful building with great facilities not the most modern hotel in the world but for comfort whilst away on business it is perfect.

I normally don't eat dinner in hotels but the food here is brilliant.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Fraser C
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic review!
We are always so pleased to welcome back our regular guests and it is lovely to hear how much you have been enjoying your stays at the hotel. We aim to be a home from home for our business travelers and it’s great that this is the case.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Finding the hotel no problem. First impressions..... Fantastic. Check-in was easy. Room very average and quite small certainly not 4 star and the bathroom could of been cleaner. The sink was indeed quite dirty. The Restaurant was expensive, although the food I ordered was very nice and the staff were very professional and polite.

The problems started when I returned to my room just after 9pm having had a day consisting of a 4 hour journey by car to an important business meeting which lasted 6 hours (now looking forward to an early night) only to find there is some kind of party going on right outside my window with loud guests laughing away and talking very loudly. These guests obviously greasing their voices with more and more alcohol ensuring that they got louder and louder and of course running up large bills that the hotel will only be too glad to see paid.

I had tried reading but the noise was so bad I was struggling to even concentrate on the book. At 10:45pm I telephoned reception to complain about the noise, but the receptionist was very dismissive and was not interested at all. It was quite clear to me I was a problem that she did not want to deal with. The silly thing is that the noise was being made right next to reception area so it should of been of no surprise. At no point did anyone from the hotel explain there might be some noise later or offer to move me to another room.

I expected to have a peaceful stay at the hotel but instead did not finally get to sleep until after midnight. It would seem to me that the functions this hotel holds need to be away from other paying guests who would just like to get a good nights sleep. It is unacceptable and I'd of received better treatment with a good night guarantee at Premier Inn.

Unfortunately I have now noticed on my bill that I have been double charged for drinks as well. Overall I don't think I'll be making a recommendation to colleagues.

It's probably ok some of the time but you might want to check what events and functions are being held before booking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We booked a spa night package at the hotel which included; afternoon tea, dinner, bed and breakfast as well as access to the spa and a 30 minute treatment for 99.50 each - amazing value!
The hotel is lovely, clean and modern without loosing the character and location excellent, rural but just 15 mins off the m40.
Food in both afternoon tea and 3 course dinner all included in the cost excellent and plentiful.
As the hotel was fully booked we could only have double rooms and not twins however, once checking in we realized the double rooms all have sofa beds in them and the hotel were only too happy to make that up for us too, so we had a double bed each!
The therapist doing the treatments was lovely however many of the girls were disappointed with theirs as it wasn't as luxurious as you would hope for. However for the price this was an absolute bargin and we would be back again !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank thewarrens1610
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a fantastic review.
I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the fantastic package, and that you had such a relaxing break.
We hope you will visit again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My family and I spent Easter weekend at this hotel and we had a wonderful break.

The hotel is very clean. We stayed in standard rooms and they were exactly what we needed. The hotel decor is in need of a bit of an update but we got a really good deal and this did not put us off.

The food here is lovely. We had a three course meal one evening which was very enjoyable. Breakfast was good too. We particularly liked the sausages.

The pool area is very small and it was very warm. I felt that this area was in need of a bit of love.

I would stay at this hotel again and would recomend it to someone staying in the area.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review.
I am so pleased to hear that you got such a great deal and enjoyed your weekend break.
Hopefully you will visit again soon!
Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Grovefield House
#2 of 2 in Taplow
Hartwell House
Hartwell House
#1 of 1 in Hartwell

Been to Burnham Beeches Hotel? Share your experiences!