I was a bit hesitant before arriving at The Crab as having read the reviews they were so mixed, I need not have worried though. Our welcome was warm and informative.
My Husband and i had booked Raffles. Although up some very steep steps we were very impressed. The Decor was amazing and all the little extras of a high quality.The cleanliness was second to none. Our friends had Wakiki Beach below us that too was very well done, a little dark and maybe a bit warm but a fan was provided. Please be aware that if you look out the Raffles window you can see guests in the hot tub below ( which i did and shut the curtains quickly, i wont tell you what i saw !).
We chose to eat off the set menu with the addition of the Scallops for starter. All the food was tasty, hot and very well presented. Nothing could be faulted. The service from Joanne was very friendly and the staffs knowledge of the Menu very good.
Breakfast was a slightly different matter, the service lacking. We had to ask for things that had not been topped up , no juice, butter for our toast etc and a bit of mould on the toast when it arrived! The cooked breakfast was again very tasty and no complaints.
We really enjoyed our stay at The Crab and would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Berkshire countryside, The Crab & Boar is a stunning country pub with rooms offering award-winning British cuisine and 14 country-style bedrooms. Sink into one of our 14 stylish rooms and unwind in your own private corner of the Berkshire countryside. All bedrooms feature antique furnishing, luxury throws, Egyptian cotton linen, flat screen TVs, natural Bramley bath and body products and Tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms have their own private hot tub. Dogs are more than welcome. The two AA Rosettes restaurant serves beautiful seafood and seasonal game in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our Head Chef Tom uses locally sourced and seasonal ingredients so you can expect that every plate on the Crab & Boar menu is as fresh as it can be and is expertly crafted with a passion for the local countryside. With an easy access to the M4 motoway, The Crab & Boar is located 25 minute drive away from historic Oxford, 16 minutes from Newbury Racecourse and 19 minutes from Highclere castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Crab & Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crab At Chieveley Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Chieveley
- Crab & Boar Chieveley, Berkshire