“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aldwyck Wood

Aldwyck Wood
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Renhold
Aldwyck Wood
Ranked #1 of 1 Renhold B&B and Inns
Sleaford, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights whilst working in the area. It was like staying in a 5 star hotel!
The rooms are very comfortable and modern and the bathrooms are fantastic.
Ian and Lorraine were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
All in all a great B&B!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffdrum0853

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Ian and Lorraine the couple who run this stunning B&B from the onset provided me with the warm cosy feeling that my stay was going to be nothing less than trouble free. I arrived after 11pm on my first night after a delay on the ferry and a hold up on the M6, when I phoned to give them the news they were genuinely sympathetic. I arrived at the lovely village house and was immediately met by Ian (who actually stood outside and guided me onto the house through the village in the dark). The house has been redesigned and decorated to a very high standard and I would rate it very highly indeed (up there with the luxury big wigs). The room was fantastic (bigger than I had thought) and the ability to get a beer on my arrival without having to leave the confines of the house after a long day was a bonus (the B&B has a drinks licence). After a fantastic nights sleep on fresh crisp bedding I was greeted after a shower in the ensuite with a fantastic freshly cooked breakfast, the majority of the ingredients coming from the house grounds or from local farmers. What a way to start the day!

I can honestly say that the four day period that I spent at the Aldwyck took the sting out of a rather hectic weekend, I will visit Ian and Lorraine again, much better than my normal rooms at the Holiday Inn Express and much more personal.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank David S
bromsgrove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Lorraine and Ian, what a lovely couple. Very professional, very friendly they couldn't do enough for us. This small and cosy hotel was beautiful. It was very modern, clean and had beautiful furnishings (I have never seen such white sheets!) The breakfasts were lovely, and the finishing touches like the homeade biscuits in your room were a delight. Everything you could want and more all mod cons and overall excellent. Secure parking and no fuss about what time you returned home, thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen G
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I chose aldwyck wood based on the review of other site users, which gave exceptional feedback!

After my first meeting with Ian and Lorraine I felt right at home, they were very professional and accommodating. Through the course of my job I spent just over 2 months with Ian and Lorraine at the aldwyck wood B&B.

Over those 2 months nothing was a problem for them, they were very helpful, and provided a real home from home environment.

One thing that I would suggest to anyone deciding to stay the this B&B is that you should try Ian's home cooking! The food, dishes and presentation was amazing and was one of my days highlights after a long day at work :)

Breakfast was excellent with a large selection of cereals, cooked breakfasts and drinks in keeping with the same amazing style of their evening meals.

Sadly I changed jobs and had to move away from the area, but should I ever require a B&B in the Bedford area I will be straight on the phone to Ian and Lorraine at aldwyck wood for a room and an evening meal.

All in all I would recommend to anyone that they stay at aldwyck wood should they be looking for a B&B with excellent hosts, well sized rooms which are clean, tidy and with a flair of style.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank shadowzz
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Everything was great. Ian and Lorraine really gave us a warm welcome from start to finish. We had booked some treatments and they were fantastic. Room was perfectly cleaned, the food was excellent, you're guaranteed a good night sleep as you are in quiet surroundings and Ian and Lorraine are very discreet. We have already booked a room again this year for the weekend before our wedding for some relaxation treatment and stress free weekend!! Perfect place if you need to distress!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheddar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Amazing B&B. Great breakfast - wonderful selection of the freshest tastiest fruit ever + cooked breakfast including homemade bread, jams, fresh eggs. Fantastic evening meals, you can guarantee will be great every day. Incredibly clean everywhere, lovely rooms, modern facilities. Little extras everywhere - home made biscuits, hair drier in room, real tea leaves. Very thoughtful, enthusiastic friendly hosts.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

Having to find 2 nights accommodation in the Bedford area I , like many others, searched on the internet and booked in at Aldwyck Wood as it was well located for my business needs. What I found on arrival by far exceeded my expectations for a B&B as the owners, Ian and Lorraine, have spent time, money and a lot of effort to create the best facilities that I have ever encountered in rental accommodation, even including hotel chains. Everything from the welcome through to the room, facilities and food were faultless and every possible consideration had been given to meet the needs of even the most discerning of guests. As a retired senior military officer I am used to quality service but Aldwyck Wood ranks amongst the best. I will certainly use them again if vacancies permit.

Room Tip: All rooms are set out to a very high standard.