“Delicious 2 Course Lunch - Indian Fine Dining”
Review of Gurkha Kitchen - CLOSED

Gurkha Kitchen
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Gurkha Kitchen, an Nepalese and Indian Cuisine at Boxburn.The Gurkha Kitchen offers such authentic food from the Himalayan region that you may get completely lost in the fresh herbs and spices. Forget that you are in the Broxburn,‎ West Lothian of Edinburgh, and let the aromas of cardamom and cumin take you to the land of the tallest mountains in the world. Enjoy the panorama photographs of the Himalaya as you savor the flavors of Nepal and India. Nepal is the country known as birth place of Budhha ,Highest peak in the world Mt. Everest and great bravery of Gurkha soldiers.Gurkhas come from the hills of Nepal and have been recruited to serve in the British Army for almost 200 years. The incredible bravery and loyalty of these remarkable people has won them great respect and affection. Today, the Gurkhas remain an important part of the British Army. In more recent times, Gurkhas have served in the Falklands and Gulf Wars, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Peacekeeping missions have taken them to Kosovo, Bosnia, East Timor and Sierra Leone. We are here to serve Nepalese traditional food with friendly manner of service together with great quality freshly prepare food by Nepalese Chef with his own style at its most authentic and vibrant form. Our aim is to stand out from the crowd to enhance Traditional Nepalese food in most significant way as in Nepal.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What can I say? This was a most exceptional lunch. I am so pleased we chose to visit this delicious restaurant. The food was entirely delicious and I shall be returning very soon to experience the taste sensation again.

The restaurant is also beautifully decorated and we were made welcome and put at ease by our waiter.

1  Thank TrishMcQ73

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Fab lunch in Gurkha Kitchen on Friday. Been meaning to try it since it opened. Really good value at £6.99 for two courses and good quality food. Looking forward to another visit soon....

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My congratulations to the friendly staff and excellent cooking skills possessed of those unseen kitchen heroes who produce this fine Nepalese fare. My only observation to detract from the perfect meal is that the portions are too generous, a problem neatly taken care of by the provision of a doggy-bag!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I took my daughter today for a wee lunchtime treat, having been to a Nepalese restaurant in Edinburgh I was aware that there are subtle differences in cuisine there. We both had the starters I had Sheesh Kebab Lamb, it was served in a delicately garnished plate with an array of spices/dips, this was far better quality than what I had experienced in other restaurants. The main courses were just as pleasing, I had Lamb Patia which was without a doubt an amazing dish and an explosion of tastes.
As a lunchtime menu at £6.99 I am amazed at the size of portions, god knows what the ala-carte menu would be like but I hope to try it soon. I shall be recommending this place to my colleagues and friends.

2  Thank goldeneye99
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Gurkha Kitchen is a relatively recently opened Nepalese restaurant in Broxburn and most welcome it is too! We ate there recently and found the food very good, service a tiny bit slow but not nearly as bad as we had feared judging by other people's remarks, and the ambiance may improve with more diners. The restaurant is well decorated, licensed, no B.Y.O. nonsense here, and pleasant but the Nepalese flute Muzak was just annoying! The food however was flavoursome, well presented and quite reasonably priced. We chose Nepalese dishes, all cooked well but the star of the show had to be the little side order of Tarka Dal, an absolute joy and well worth adding to any order at only £3.95! We will go again, and recommend to others.