We were staying in Daliburgh at a self catering cottage. We arrived late our 1st night and headed to the nearby hotel for an evening meal. I had steak pie and Hubby had chips. Both were fine, not earth shatteringly fabulous but by no means poor just decent hearty food in good sized portions with friendly service. We ate in the bar area, as our dog was with us, so can't say what the restaurant was like but it was the same menu.
Mid week we decided to cook in our cottage and have steak and chips (with the chips coming from the chip shop) after starting to cook the steak headed to chip shop to discover it was closed!!!! Borrodale Hotel to rescue - they happily did a large portion of take away chips.
Last night of our holiday we opted to eat at Borrodale again, this time I had Venison steak and Hubby had Thai green Curry both were very good and definitely well above average. Again huge portions and we had a friendly chat with the bar man and then a couple of games of pool. A very enjoyable evening. We would definitely go back for food and service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run small hotel with a warm welcome. We are in walking distance to the beach, lochs to fish and the world famous Askernish Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Borrodale Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borrodale Hotel Daliburgh
- Borrodale Hotel South Uist/Daliburgh