Four of us stayed here in May 2013. The rooms (but not the bathrooms) had been recently refurbished. My room was smart and comfortable though the decor was not to everyone’s taste. The bathroom was very large and I really enjoyed soaking in the bath but my companion tried to have a shower and complained that there was no hook on which to put the shower-head.
We did not have dinner there. My breakfast was excellent, but I was careful to avoid some items that looked as if they had been on the buffet rather a long time: the concealed prunes and the crystallised apricots. The breakfast room was cold.
The staff were pleasant and courteous.
Overall, we got much better value in B&B’s on the islands but unfortunately there was a shortage of B&B accommodation in South Uist in May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run small hotel with a warm welcome. We are in walking distance to the beach, lochs to fish and the world famous Askernish Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Borrodale Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borrodale Hotel Daliburgh
- Borrodale Hotel South Uist/Daliburgh