“Nice and Cozy”
Review of Hunter Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellbird
Hunter Haven
Ranked #1 of 2 Bellbird B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I stayed at this B&B in during April'13 . Nice and cozy place, the host - Ken and Colette are so friendly, we felt at home . We had a great wine tour with Ken at Hunter Valley - He is a good guide and full of knowledge about the valley and wine. I am glad I've spend my stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hunter Haven

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Won a voucher for a stay at this Bed and Breakfast. I wasn't expecting much as my partner and I have stayed at a few B&Bs before but Hunter Haven was a huge surprise! Colette and Ken are make you feel like you're visiting family and welcome you as such.
Ken offers a wine tours of the valley as an extra, and as we were the only ones for the day, he gladly catered to our needs (I'm not a big wine drinker but love vodka and food!)
The rooms were clean and spacious and Colette and Ken were a wealth of knowledge about the Hunter. Had a blast and I'll be back! So so amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great place to stay if visiting the hunter valley. Looked after so well by hosts. Nothing too much for them. Transport to venue or wineries, pool and spa, fabulous breakfast and good conversation with other guests and hosts.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited Hunter Haven back in December 2012. I have been meaning to write this since then! On our arrival Ken and Colette were so welcoming, we instantly felt at home and part of the family. With no dinner plans and a couple more late arrivals, the duo drove us up the road to the steakhouse where they joined in dinner with us and then brought us back to our comfy quarters.
The personalised tour of the nearby wineries, where each winemaker new Ken personally and where you felt you were getting special service for this reason.
Colette's culinary skills are remembered - especially in the breakfast stakes!
All facilities are clean and well maintained, including the pool - although we didn't quite make it in the spa this time.
Definitely a trip to remember, and the hosts make it all the more special!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed the weekend with friends at a hosted murder mystery night. Ken and Collette made the evening very memorable with props, costumes and fantastic food. We all had a wonderful time and felt right at home there.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

this has been my third stay with collette and ken. they make you feel like family. their home is your home. we went wine and beer tasting this time and had a fantastic day, then that night ken dropped us of at our restaurant and picked us up as well. next morning collette cooked us a beautiful big breakfast. do yourself a favour and next time you are at the hunter, stay with the gordons at hunter haven.

Room Tip: all the rooms are queen with ensuites, very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I as referred to Hunter Haven via a business contact, as I needed somewhere close to the Hunter Valley wineries for some business I was attending to. They said it was a little, quiet, family business. They were spot on! I found Ken & Collette to be very friendly & welcoming & made a tired traveller feel at home immediately! The accommodation was clean & comfortable & breakfast was as good as any restaurant I have eaten at.

So if you need a quiet comfortable stay that is close to everything in the Hunter - this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hunter Haven? Share your experiences!