“Incredible & ensuite”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llanymynech
Rhandregynwen Hall Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 Llanymynech B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Incredible & ensuite”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our room, which looked out over the front of the property, was incredible. The bedroom incorporated a lounge room. It was so large.& was a 17th century room with an incredibly large bathroom, that was 21st century. I mistakenly left my shave kit behind & Mark found it & graciously posted it onto our next destination. Thank yo so much.

Room Tip: Get the front room I described
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron L

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked Rhandregynwen Hall on the lasty minute for an event nearby, excellent accomadation, excellent breakfast, my wife is already looking for an excuse to go back.
If I have to knit pick then the bathroom floor was cold in the Rhandregynwen room were we stayed, it is supposed to be heated but it wasn't on, I didn't ask and it really is minor.
The Rodneys Pillar Room does not have an integral bathroom -it is across the landing and doesn't have a jaccuzzi bath like the other two.
It does take a bit of finding, print out the directions and read them carefully, sat nav alone won't get you there.

Room Tip: avoid Rodbneys pillar if the lack of an integral bathroom bothers you
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank spexmaniac
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way down to Pembrokeshire from Scotland and were very pleased with our lovely room and excellent breakfast. The house has been very tastefully restored and the grounds beautifully kept.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John062013
Bainbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at Rhandregynwen Hall in August and thoroughly enjoyed the experience!
Arrived and was stunned by unexpected size of the property and very well maintained garden and lawn. Extremely friendly little doggy was there to welcome me and the owner, Mark, was very accommodating and it showed how proud he is of his place! I have learnt he managed to turn around what was derelict building into place of luxury and I think he succeded indeed! Red carpet is the first thing you notice when you walk through the door, and you feel like royalty already. I stayed in the bedroom which doesnt have the en-suite but private very large and well equipped bathroom. Light and airy bedroom (2 windows) with floor lengh curtains. Big comfy bed, quality furniture, good seating area, large telly, it was all there. There was nothing missing in the room. Full lentgh mirror in large spacious wardrobe, fluffy bathrobes, spare blanket, hairdryer, tea and coffee in abundance, you name it - it was there!
Bathroom looked extremely expensive - marble tiles, large corner bath, separate shower, quality toiletries. Towels were soft and good size (not tiny things some places provide nowdays).
There was large bench outside with table where I could sit forever listening to birds and forgetting civilization is not that far away.
There was good selection of fruit and youghurt at breakfast and sausages from the cooked option were delicious!
I will definately return to what is an absolute value for money quiet and luxurious place and will recommend to others!

Room Tip: all rooms are different. Ask owner at the time of booking to help you decide.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank HAZELSROOST
London
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked this place because it should have been quite near where my brother was celebrating his birthday with a week's holiday in Wales. Having phoned the owner directly and been assured that we were to be given the "best room in the house with en suite facilities", I was asked to pay £90 by credit card on the spot, which I duly did. We drove for nearly 5 hours to have a birthday meal with my brother, and although I had warned the B&B already that we might not arrive until later I wanted to confirm our time of arrival, so from about 6pm we phoned several times, each time getting no reply. We were somewhat surprised since the place is not particularly easy to find and we might well have left our luggage before joining my brother, but hoped that someone would at least be in later. At 9.30 my sister-in-law suggested we head for the B&B since we had still not been able to contact them, and we did eventually find a roughly-written notice outside their property saying Rhandregynen Hall Clay Shooting. Arriving, we found no one, but a card with a mobile number was left on the door step, so we phoned that and still had no answer. At this stage we figured that all we could do was try and find the room for ourselves. We did find one en-suite, which we were about to move our luggage into when I saw other belongings there. My husband eventually thought that he heard some music through a chaotic room (in complete darkness because it had no working bulb in the light), so we groped our way through it and shouted until a very dishevelled owner emerged and explained that "our" room had been booked by an on-line company and he thought that the couple who had already taken it were us, even though they hadn't even paid and he hadn't checked their names. The upshot was that I alone drove us all the way back home (since my husband had drunk some wine at dinner) in the middle of the night, arriving at 3.30am and I did not spend the next day with my brother as planned. The owner did phone the next day to apologise, explain, and refund my card, but the whole enterprise struck me as extremely amateurish and slip-shod, especially since it apparently was not the first time that an on-line company had caused a double booking. We did not see the promised room, but certainly at night, the common parts looked tired, gloomy and depressing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Alison O
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our room was on first floor - such a fantastic place and beautifully decorated room with comfy bed.
Nice and pleasant location, quite at night and the only things we could enjoy are the sounds of sheep, birds, etc..
Breakfast is very good as well.
We thanked Mark and Gill for our pleasant stay.
We will go back again and will recommend friends as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sweety2000_13
north wales
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Lovely b&b. we had the room on the top floor.i really dont know how people can complain at £60 a night.room was lovely with a jacuzzi bath.breakfast was good.we enjoyed it here as it was halfway to the royal welsh which made it easier for travelling.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank jessica76

Been to Rhandregynwen Hall Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!