North Kessock Hotel
Old Drynie House(North Kessock)
TripAdvisor
Culbin Crofthouse B&B(North Kessock)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmoray firthking prawnslovely lunchlovely decorvisited this hotelroast beefgenerous portionsinverness areasmall hoteldouble roommain courseevening mealmonkfishwaiting stafflovely hotelbeautiful locationloch ness
Reviewed September 2, 2008

We visited this establishment and thoroughly enjoyed the convivial owners and the excellent restaurant. Great golfing nearby with some of the most pretty and arcitectually beautiful small towns further north of North Kessock such as Dornoch, Tain and many others. The available rooms (recently updated we think) were more than adequate and comfortable. All credit to the owners and staff and to an excellent resturant.

David and Elizabeth
Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I had always stayed at the Redcliffe hotel when staying in Scotland due to the reviews (Which is very nice) but on this occaision they couldn't fit me in. I stayed at the North Kessock hotel and was apprehensive due to the review posted on here. However, when I got there, I was pleasantly surprised. The home page for the hotel is spot on, everything that was promised on there they delivered. The staff were really friendly. The room was a little bit small but clean and the food was lovely. I will definately stay here again on my next visit!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 9, 2007

We were unfortunate enough to find ourselves here late on a Friday night with three young children. We'd originally booked into The Redcliffe Hotel in the centre of Inverness with our friends who we were travelling with but the room was horrendous and we'd therefore refused to stay. To cut a long story short, the manager had recommended the North Kessock as it was his hotel's "sister hotel" and he insisted that we wouldn't be disappointed. We should have known better really but with three tired children all under 4, we didn't really want to be driving around Inverness hunting for a hotel.

It was a 10/15 minute drive to get there and eventually we arrived. We were greeted in the doorway by a horrendously strong smell of seafood which continued up the stairs. Our room was fairly basic with wooden headboards at the back of the beds and none of the soft furnishings - carpet, curtains, bedding matched. Please be mindful that this is advertised as a "triple/family room £125 per night" which we thought to be way over priced. Although the "carpeted" bathroom had undergone some recent attention, and again something else which didn't match, the room was in dire need of upgrade. The carpet looked fairly dirty and I was thankful I'd taken slippers!

While we unloaded the car, there were a number of bar customers standing outside chatting loudly, smoking and swearing a lot. We weren't given an outdoor key either and my husband had to nip out to the supermarket only to find on his return that he'd been locked out! Luckily he had his mobile phone and was able to contact me to come down and let him in which was no easy task in the pitch dark with numerous doors to navigate and locks and bolts!

All in all, not a fantastic stay, we didn't arrive until very late on the Friday night and therefore ran a bit late in the morning for check out. We were asked to hurry up as the chamber maid went off duty at 1pm. If you care to look at the website, just like it's "sister hotel" the Redcliffe, it has a lovely website and the rooms look fantastic, take my advice, I've yet to see a room in either hotel that remotely resembles what these hotels are advertising on their website. I definitely wouldn’t stay in either of these establishments again and neither would I recommend them to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank MrsZG5
A TripAdvisor Member
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed March 16, 2006

I only came to the hotel for dinner, but it was lovely. Very good food and a special place in my heart as the restaurant where I fell in love with sticky toffee pudding.

Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Inverness
Reviewed September 8, 2005

We did'nt stay at the kessock but go for our dinner. The food is excellent especially the kessock hamful. The staff are very friendly and make you most welcome.

Stayed: September 2005