“Lovely evening over looking the harbour”

Family - Snack Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Sivota
Cuisines: Cafe, Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening over looking the harbour”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Really friendly service and massive portions, so don't bother with lunch before! You even get to learn a bit of Greek

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rugbygrl

• Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have lived and worked on Lefkada for the past 8 years the Family Cafe Sivota ran by Yanna and Demetri and the two boys is second to non. I have been robbed with violence at Tavernas all over Lefkada so speak with great authority on eating Breakfast, Lunch and dinner out, but only now at Yannas I have learnt my lesson well. I dont want to cook for myself, why beacause I cook every night I am home in the UK so it should be a treat for me to enjoy Greek cooking sadly not any more. Thank God for people like Yanna excellent value, served with humour,a beautiful smile and nothing is too much trouble. It is a joy to be there the service the food and the experience is fantastic. I travel from Vliho to sivota to have a wonderful breakfast, lunch or dinner. Well done Yanna for flying t he flag for true Greek friendly hospitality! Keep up the good work.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jules J
uk
“Not to be Missed”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

How can anyone visit Sivota without calling in to be welcomed by Ianna's smiling face and wonderful food. Not to be missed!!! A safe and reliable oasis in what could be termed a pirahna pool.

• Visited July 2013
Camshami
“Lovely welcoming taverna and great food!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have as a family visited the Family Cafe every time we go to Sivota, this is a safe place to eat, we have never had a bad meal here.
The owners are accomodating, service is excellent and they have become like family over the years - everyone is made very welcome.

Thank you for many great meals!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Camshami
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“Nice little place”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We have visited the 'Family' Restaurant and Cafe a few times now.
We have just returned from Sivota on a sailing holiday and again visited this small, family run taverna. The food is very good and the prices are reasonable and good value for money. This was the first time I had tried a very spicy dish (on the menu as a Greek Curry) and it was superb. My partner had a chicken dish and commented on how good it was.
In the mornings, the breakfast (full English if you like that sort of thing and I do following a weeks sailing) is very good indeed. with very good portions (you need to be hungry for this one) The taverna also provide very good Pizza and they will deliver if you require it. It is very handy having beer and Pizza delivered to your boat following a long day.
I have only one criticism: Last year, following the party night after the Regatta, we sat for breakfast and the service was poor. Granted the place was very busy but the (English) girl that was waiting on served a lot of people that arrived after us (it would appear that she was going for the big tip from the large tables). Eventually we had to leave as we ran out of time. As I say, I have been back and it was back to normal and very good. yes, I will return there.
A very good little place that is well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2012