Darven Cottage B&B Sannox, Isle of Arran
Seamill Hydro(West Kilbride)
$94
$123
$119
The Waterside Hotel(West Kilbride)(Great Value!)
$136
$85
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsdarven cottagesannox bayred squirrelsgarden opensgreat companyblack puddingan evening mealfelt like homecosy loungelovely gardendouble roomfull scottish breakfastbrodick castleexcellent foodsea viewfriendly petsleg of lamb
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've been to Arran many times and I can honestly say that this is one of the best places I've stayed at in terms of value, location, facilities, food and atmosphere. I would urge you to book ASAP!

Sandra

Room Tip: Please note that the 2 bedrooms are not en-suite
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Darven cottage sits in a great position near a lovely village on a beautiful Island in bonnie Scotland. What a find!

The cottage is wonderfully situated for walking, exploring the Island, visiting the beach or just relaxing in the extensive gardens. Wildlife is in abundance. We saw porpoises swimming in the sea from the sitting room window; a red squirrel also gave an amazing acrobatic display witnessed from the sitting room window. We saw red deer whilst walking , strange frogs, huge dragon flies, trout jumping in the rivers.....all in three days.

David the owner is very welcoming and provides an extensive breakfast and great evening meals. The cottage is modern and comfortable and reasonably priced. All in all a great place which is hard to beat. David, thank you for a very relaxing three days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

A wonderful experience. Location is great- right near the beach only a few minutes walk from Glen Sannox and great hikes through pastures and toward the Saddle (for a more strenuous and gorgeous hike). The accommodations are wonderful- clean, welcoming, everything functional...it feels like you're at home. Also, a 2 minute walk to the bus stop. David (Claire was not around when I visited) was an excellent host. Polite, friendly, informative but not "up in your business". I've been to B&Bs where the owners try too hard to become friends with you and it can be oppressive. David was very laid back and unobtrusive- If I needed information, had questions or wanted to chat, he was more than willing, but when I just felt like doing my own thing, he laid low. He was very accommodating to my needs, providing food options for my dietary restrictions, and keeping the dogs in other rooms when I was around (I'm allergic). The food was excellent! For a solo trip it's a great place to stay while you explore the beautiful vistas, flora, fauna and wonderfully undeveloped Island of Arran.

Room Tip: From what I can tell, all the rooms were equally awesome. I had a view of the mountains, whereas I believe the other rooms had a view of the beach. In either case, you're a minute walk from both!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2012

David & Claire (and extended family!) made us feel really welcome from the get go.

As itinerant Arran regulars it was nice to stay in a new place, especially one with a such a beautiful view.

Darven is homely, comfortable and modern and we would recommend it to anybody.

On our last day our host skilfully revived two very poorly newborn chicks as breakfast was prepared and we left to the sound of "cheep cheep"!

Gavin & Linda

PS: Beware of David's cooking it's addictive and that was just the breakfast :-)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is my favourite b&b ever. The house is cozy, the breakfasts (and dinners!) are delicious, and David is a great host. It's in a beautiful location, practically on the beach in Sannox Bay. The views are stunning, and the location is perfect for walks up Glen Sannox, over Goatfell to Brodick, or around the coastal path to Lochranza.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple