“Wonderful Restaurant”
Review of Sannox Bay Hotel

Sannox Bay Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sannox
Sannox Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Sannox B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Just spent a delightful week on Arran and visited Sannox Bay Hotel on several occasions for lunch. There is a wide choice on the menu and everything we sampled was of a very high quality and with generous portions - and reasonable prices. Lunch is served in the conservatory with a great view across the bay. The staff are friendly and helpful and service is very good. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank JoeNewton53

Reviewed October 30, 2010

The hotel is situated in a picturesque sandy bay and is ideal as a base for either touring the island or for walking with many walks right from the door including the ascent of Goat Fell. It is about 10 mins from Brodick and well away from all the hustle and bustle of the port.
Liz and Steve made us feel most welcome on arrival. The room we were given was warm, cosy and spotless. It had a large bathroom and a wonderful view out over the bay where you could watch the seals swimming along the coast.
Breakfast was great and the meals we had in the evening exceptional. Steve is an excellent cook and you really could not have wished for better service than that given by both Liz and the girls that waited on in the restaurant.
There was a cosy bar with a blazing fire to retire to after dinner was over and drink pints of their excellently kept Guiness.
This hotel is a great find and I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Very comfortable room with a sea view, large well appointed bathroom with separate bath and shower.
Excellent breakfast and good food in the restaurant.
Owners and staff very pleasant and helpful.
The hotel offers very good value for money. We have paid much more for inferior accommodation and service

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Cestrienne
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Didnt stay in hotel but did eat here with wife and family as well as with a larger group of 15 later on in my holiday. Superb food, excellent portions and choice. Service is very slick and all the waiting staff were helpful and elegant. Fantastic venue for great food in lovely surroundings combined with very professional service. Cannot fault this place at all. Have been visiting this hotel for years and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hotpup
Reviewed August 19, 2010

What a marvellous hotel. Rooms wonderful with great attention to detail. Staff friendly and very efficient. The owners do their upmost to make you feel at home as for the food, the very best you will get anywhere. Watching the sun go down on Sannox Bay from our room was a sight to remember always. Our second visit to this hotel but definitely not the last.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank luthiers
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I did not actually stay in this hotel as I was staying in a friends house only four doors away. We (my husband, 11 year old daughter and I) ate in this hotel three nights in row. The quality of the food was excellent. The portion sizes were amazing. The facilities were immaculate. The small bar with the open coal fire was very welcoming. The staff were extremely pleasant. I have to say the penne salmoni dish that I had on the second night was fabulous, certainly the best pasta dish I have ever had. My husband also said the same. And as for the banoffee pie, the texture and taste of the toffee was to die for. My daughter had it first and after tasting it, my husband insisted on leaving room to have it the next again night. I would strongly recommend that you eat in this hotel if you are in Arran, you will not be disappointed. When I am back in Arran I will be eating out in this restaurant every night.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank purdie9
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Although we didn't stay there we were enjoying a meal with two people who were staying there when we had one of the bizarrest hotel experiences we have ever had the pleasure or displeasure to experience. At 10.20 Saturday night our party of six were the only diners left and we all went outside leaving our coats on the seats so it was obvious we were coming back. Standing out in the garden having a cigarette and all the garden lights suddenly went out. Oh well we thought, could easily be a mistake. When we went back inside our coats had been moved, the long table at which we were sitting had been moved, all the stools were on the table, and one of the staff was hoovering! When she saw us she just shot us an evil stare and went out the back. The manager came out, no apology, raised her eyebrows and said " don't ask". That strengthened our resolve to have several more drinks and after that the next morning they were civil(barely). Great food though after saying all that with huge portions but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank bazza1793

Been to Sannox Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!