“Poor Show!”

Restaurant at the Meikleour Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Meikleour
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This destination dining spot is set inside the historic Meikleour Hotel, a picturesque, ivy-covered inn located between Blairgowrie and Perth. The home-made bistro-style menu here attracts food-lovers from far and wide. All the food here is prepared in-house, from the stock-pots to the puddings, and fresh fish is delivered daily from the boats in Aberdeen. The wine list is hand picked. Ideal for romantic meals and celebrations, The Meikleour Arms has a feel-good home-away-from-home atmosphere.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Myself, hubby and two other couples arrived at Meikleour on a Sunday evening at 8.30pm in the hope of getting something to eat. We were told in no uncertain terms that the restaurant was closed and they stopped serving food at 8pm. We requested a plate of sandwiches and once again was refused by the barmaid in a very unecessary brisk manner. Our third and final attempt was to ask for crisps or nuts, Yes..you guessed the answer!! We were told they did not have a single packet of crisps or nuts to offer...In fact they could only offer us a drink and nothing at all to eat! The staff made no attempt to apologise and even came accross as rather smug! Considering the pub/restaurant had only three customers and the chef (who even introduced himself) in the place they were hardly stretched and could easily have made up a plate of sandwiches. I have been many times to Meikleour and have never failed to be disappointed with the level of service to the customer. This pub has so much charm and potential..What a pity the same cant be said for their staff!! Just for the record this is the first time I have ever taken the time to write on tripadviser which surely demonstrates my level of disappointment!

1  Thank Wendy T
There are newer reviews for Restaurant at the Meikleour Hotel

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Good food and wine in very pleasant dining room - service friendly and efficient - on a 2 night package which included dinner at a fixed price so could enjoy anything on menu.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a lovely dinner at the Meikleour Hotel. The food and service was outstanding!! We will be back ;)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Went here early evening with our 3 & 7yr olds. Tuesday night so we were expecting it to be quiet - wrong! Apparently every Tuesday they do a special deal where you can flip a coin - if you call the coin right you get your meal for free! This only applies to a limited menu but what a nice idea. We went with the a la carte menu and the food was lovely. Decent portion sizes, lovely food, lots of local produce. Lovely surrounding, rustic and quaint. Service was a bit slow but they were very very busy. Imagine it would be amazing on a cold winters night with open fire crackling away. Will def be back.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This Inn is in a lovely country location and in the warmer weather you can sit outside in pretty surroundings. I like it for a drink at lunchtime, and I've had both lunches and evening meals here. But last time was one big disappointment. I asked for a baguette with mozzarella and tomato. The size of baguette I got was laughable and it was over £6. It must have been about quarter of a skinny baguette, with a smear of tomato paste and a couple of slivvers of mozarella : and I had waited a good 25 minutes for it to arrive! So I very much doubt I would eat there again, but if you like a hefty portion of fish and chips, then go for it. Looking at the food which was being served around me, I felt that at lunchtime at least, this inn needs a better team in the kitchen, a more imaginative menu and better quality fare.

1  Thank Stercks