“Wonderful weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ardeonaig
Wirral
“Wonderful weekend”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have been staying at the hotel for many years and returned to find it in very good hands. All of the staff made our weekend very special and one to remember. As soon as you leave your car you can smell the wonderful peat fire and the Ardeonaig experience has begun. The rooms, food and location make this a wonderful place to stay.
The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. A lot of original ideas have been translated into very scrummy food.
Keep up the good work and we hope to return next year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Glasgow, Scotland.
Reviewed November 20, 2011

On behalf of three couples let down badly at 4p.m. on a Saturday (confirmed) booking at the Cromlix Hotel for three rooms with dinner bed and breakfast, I telephoned James at the Ardeonaig Hotel in a desperate search for an alternative at 4p.m.having read a review in that morning paper as I waited to see if the Cromlix staff could be bothered to assist us. A forlorn hope unfortunately.

Immediately James arranged our accommodation and promised a stay to remember. We travelled an hour to the hotel arriving in darkness to find three beautiful rooms warm and welcoming prepared to the highest standard. The staff were on hand to ensure we were welcomed and made comforatble before we attended some time later in the lounge. Again a well prepared room with a woodburning fire ensured our evening began in the right style.

The meal, wine and service was as good as you will get anywhere and at its finish we were led to the library to enjoy our coffee before being left to enjoy the hospitality.

In the morning, with day light the views from the bedroom were spectacular. After a nights sleep in a wonderfully cosy bed, to look out on the nearby 'falls' leading out to the Loch with the autumnal hills on every side was a great start to the day.

Breakfast was great and time allowed to just sit, talk and enjoy. Again the staff were on hand to ensure everything was to our liking.

For a stay involving three grown up couples with only an hours notice of an arrival our surprise visit was a great success. Good luck to this hotel - it deserves to succeed.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a single track road and looks to have no pressures as far as passing traffic. The l...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Graeme242
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Have just spent a very enjoyable Saturday night at Ardeonaig with friends - the welcome from management, the fantastic location, the wonderful rooms and the superb food all made for an unforgettable experience - absolutely well worth visiting!

Room Tip: The two cottage suites are superb.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Banchory, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Many thanks to all at Ardeonaig for a very special weekend treat. Ross, the food was superb over the 3 nights and made our celebration weekend exceptional. We particularly enjoyed all the courses 'in between' as well as the detail within the menu. For me the breakfasts were a special treat. The hospitality from all the staff at Ardeonaig is fantastic. They are very attentive and remember all those special likes and dislikes
Special thanks to James for all you friendly hospitality and particularly for rescuing us after our long walk in the hills... that was definitely over and above your normal duties and the tea and scones tasted the best ever. and Rodney thanks for all those detailed explanations of the treats on our plates. Our cottage suite was superb with views of the Loch. We will definitely be back....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I booked two nights for me, my wife and my two children, aged 17 years and 8 years. We all had the best short break ever. I cannot speak highly enough of this place, Rodney was fantastic, James was like an old friend and knew all our first names right away and Ross and his fabulous team turned out top notch food, dish after dish. The whole team looked after us from start to finish and went well beyond the norm looking after our every request.
I have not stopped raving to my friends and family since we got back.
The area is stunning and the view from the library is superb.
I could go on forever but I am away to contact the guys to book a couple of nights for just me anf my wife.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The restaurant at Ardeonaig is really worth a visit! (though I do look forward to experiencing one of the luxurious rooms in the very near future too) We went for the dinner menu & enjoyed three delicious beautifully presented courses with additional surprises from beginning to end. Truffle is one of my favourite foods so I was thrilled to have it in my starter as well as my main! The team were fantastic, there wasn't a thing they didn't know about the dishes they were serving which I found very helpful. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Comrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Had a wonderful weekend at Ardeonaig for my birthday recently. I'd been most interested to see the hotel was open again as we had considered going there on a prior occasion - but were put off by the attitude of the old management! We knew the hotel was in a fabulous setting and had great potential to be a wonderful luxury-in-the-wilds experience! The new management are clearly very focussed on ensuring its an extra special place to be - and indeed it was! The service was outstanding - v friendly as well as v professional. The food was really fantastic - our choice of lamb main proved exceptional and my pistachio souffle was truly divine! Breakfasts too were really special with wonderful fruit shots and unusual and delicious fruit salads - as well as v tasty hot savoury options. Oh and the homemade jam was amazing! We were quite surprised to meet the Ross the head chef and see how young he is! He definately has talent and a huge passion for quality food.
A lovely lovely experience - so we hope to return before long. It'd be lovely to be there in different seasons. Which reminds me about the fantastic style of the dining room - with huge picture windows. A great contemporary addition to the original quaint old coaching inn.
Full marks all round for service, food and ambience! The only potential improvement I'd suggest would be to reduce the African theme in the decor as it feels quite incongruous (only understood by knowing the recent, rather chequered, history of the hotel). Good luck - and thank you - to the new owner, management and staff!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardeonaig
Roman Camp Hotel
The Four Seasons Hotel
The Four Seasons Hotel
#2 of 2 in St. Fillans
Poppies Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Ardeonaig Hotel? Share your experiences!